(Our) Baby

Scar could save Bumpy, she was sure of it. Scar could save Bumpy because she didn't have the chance to save Ben. Someway, she was given a chance of redemption, though it would never be enough to fill the void that the guilt of Ben left inside her, the guilt she had been mercilessly ignoring, the guilt that was slowly eating her alive but she chose to never bring herself to acknowledge it. If not for the loneliness, this guilt she was feeling would slowly drive her mad. "Scar, where are we going?!" Cole still stuck by her side as she marched her way to the warehouse.

If Scar was going somewhere, that meant that Cole was going with her, if one of them got hurt, that meant the other would too. Whether Scar liked it or not, Cole would be stuck to her like super glue, and the both of them would get into messes together from now on. Cole couldn't bare seeing Scar get hurt again, even though he knew that she could defend herself, the way that Scar was throwing herself into situations was alarmingly similar to the way she was doing it on Nublar, even if Cole never saw this version of Scar. Cole needed to stay with her.

Cole already lost so much time with her after Doctor Wu made him go crazy....And he was desperately trying to repair their broken relationship even if nothing could be done to fix it. Scar wasn't talking to him, she was just mumbling to herself about something, repeating a word over and over again. Cole wiggled his ears to hear her better, "Baby...." She was muttering, over and over again, "Baby..." Cole listened to the word carefully, the way the word slipped out of her mouth was natural, like she had said it hundreds if not thousands of times before.

Only this time, she said the word as if she was in disbelief, normally Scar said the word in excitement or in a state of frustration, but as she repeated it, her voice was filled with confusion that slowly morphed into a great amount of concern. "Baby..." Scar mumbled and she shook her head every time another word crossed her mind. "Scar, please talk to me..." Cole said, trying not to sound as desperate as he actually was. Scar just shook her head again as they walked through the airlock, Cole's eyes wandered and examined the metal, as if he was slowly remembering the things he had done....

And then she stopped repeating the word completely. It was like something suddenly changed in her, yet she still had that terrible expression on her face. Her eyes darted around the ground as if she was trying to think about something, something that was important but she had no idea where the answer laid. Scar resisted the urge to smack her palms against her forehead, something that she'd do if she was frustrated with herself. She couldn't waste time with that and if she did try smacking herself, Cole would most likely stop her.

Once they reached the warehouse biome, which seemed vaguely familiar to Cole, Scar stuck her head close to the ground, sniffing the dirt with intentions of smelling Bumpy's mossy wet dog like smell that she had, but Scar had never thought much about it until now because she always smelt the same as Bumpy with a mix of moss, mud and sweat. Often enough, Ben smelt like Bumpy and Scar smelt like Bumpy as well so the smell wasn't too noticeable when it was just the three of them.

When she had picked up that scent, she followed it, it led her through the large building and then Scar spoke, "Stay here." She told Cole, "Lookout." She said before entering the room that had the sign that read "MEDICAL CENTER" But, Scar couldn't read it, this was just where the smell of Bumpy had stopped. Scar didn't leave Cole with much choice but he listened because he still trusted her and knew it wasn't always best to question her. Scar entered the room, the door creaked open, the med bay was quiet and smelt of mildew, a stale scent, the one back in the investor suite was definitely better kept.

Scar heard a heavy sigh, "Baby." Scar said, following the strong breath. Bumpy's tail swished back and forth slowly on the metal platform, and she barely lifted her head up to look at Scar, who had ran towards her and took Bumpy's face into her hands. Bumpy wasn't chained down but it was obvious she was tired and her body had been strained, there were no visible indications of modifications made by Wu. Scar rubbed her thumbs along Bumpy's scaly cheeks and she looked around to see if she could get Bumpy out of this mess. Bumpy blinked once at her slowly.

Bumpy's skin had been torn, where it wasn't protected by her armor. It looked to have been healed, enough. Bumpy blew warm air out of her nose into Scar's face, and Scar had wondered why Bumpy wasn't groaning or mooing, she made no sounds of excitement or affection. She just stared at her and the sparks in her big yellow cow eyes disappeared. "Baby..." Scar hissed under her breath. Bumpy moved her head away from Scar's hands, dismissively looking down. "Please." Scar said.

Scar didn't know how to communicate with Bumpy, she could talk to her in hisses and growls, chirps if she tried hard enough. But Bumpy responded better with actual words, words that Ben might've said to her that made the connection between the dinosaur and the boy stronger. Scar hadn't a single clue what Ben would've said to Bumpy in this moment, he would be overjoyed to see her again but he couldn't actually see her, Ben only has the image of Bumpy from Nublar, before she lost her spark and gained all her wounds. Bumpy curled her tail to her side and closed her eyes, ignoring the presence of Scar.

Scar seemed to frown, her lips curving down slightly to show little expression. Scar reached her hand out to touch Bumpy's forehead, feeling her scales scrape against her palm for some sense of direction. Scar didn't want to talk to Bumpy, she just wanted her to stand up and run out of this building no matter how exhausted she was, Scar wanted her fight because Bumpy had something to fight for, she had Ben, who was on this island and not home like Bumpy thinks.

Scar sighed, leaning her head down to brush her lips against Bumpy's forehead, before pressing down on Bumpy's scales and giving her a long but gentle kiss. "Mom." Scar said after backing away from Bumpy. "Mom is here." Scar added, "He had mom." Scar began, "He did bad things to mom." Scar continued, "And he did bad things to me." And continued, "But, this is not about me." Scar said. "Be a good baby and fight..." Scar went on, "Fight for your mom."

"Your mom has fought so hard...And he is tired of all of it." Scar stopped. Bumpy had perked her head up and opened her mouth to groan at Scar. "Ben." Scar said, "He had Ben." Scar repeated. Bumpy attempted to stand up, her legs wobbled but then she laid back down. "It's okay." Scar tried to comfort her. "You're going to be okay." Scar comforted her with some gentle chin scratches. "Oh, listen to that voice..." Wu's voice creeped through the room. Scar quickly looked around, "Silly Scar...." Wu said, "I know enough not to confront you anymore." He added.

"You're just as strong as I made you." Wu boasted, "Even more now, probably...." Scar could hear the clicking of Wu's shoes. "We're going to have so much fun." Wu admitted as Scar felt a cold ring around her neck and she was pulled back, her neck was caught in a catch pole that was being held by a BRAD-X because the only one known to destroy one of those was Cole, Scar could've done it if she tried. Wu chuckled slowly, "Good luck my Cicasaurus."

Scar loudly hissed and growled in protest, so much so that Cole ran into the med bay but then, "Scar?" He said, and before he could continue there were red eyes charging towards him. Quickly, the BRAD-X shot at Cole and he dodged them as best as he could once he began to run away. But, the BRAD-X jumped at Cole and bit his left ankle, crushing it down to the bone, causing him to slide into a forceful stop, and then more BRAD-X's surrounded him and Cole somehow cowered like a abused dog, only hissing and growling to protect himself.