Messed Up

It was the next morning, and for the campers that actually did get some sleep they work up, they stretched their arms, yawning and looking around. "Kenji..." Brooklynn started as they all sat around the table, eating a form of breakfast with some donuts, coffee and other snacks and sweets.

"Yeah?" Kenji asked with a piece of cake in his mouth, "There's something else you should know." Brooklynn said, taking a sip of her coffee that wasn't decaf, Kenji swallowed the piece of cake, wiping his mouth of with a napkin, "...Like what?" He asked.

Brooklynn sighed, holding the coffee mug between her hands, "It's okay, B. You can tell me." Kenji said, "I mean after everything I told you all last night..." Kenji added, "What are you talking about?" Darius jokingly asked as Ben sat next to him, feeding Scar some pieces of a bagel, "We didn't hear anything!" Ben added in the same jokingly manner as Darius.

In reality, the campers wished that Kenji never told them a thing, they wished that it would've came out in one big reveal so that they could enjoy their peace and relaxation for just a little longer. They wished that Kenji's father didn't work for Wu and perhaps they wished that he didn't work for Mantah Corp either, "Darius, Ben, and I found out that..." Brooklynn began, "...that your dad freed Kash."

"And has been working with Mae to perfect dino control. And they've done it." Brooklynn stopped. "I hate to ask you this...But did Wu say anything about dino chips or experiments?" Brooklynn asked. "No, not that I can remember. He was just talking about that hybrid...and most of those cages and tanks we saw were emptied." Kenji replied.

"Do we think he's done with experimentation?" Brooklynn asked, "Do we think he's done with hybrids?" Darius asked, "No and no!" Sammy said, slamming her plate down at the table, "Now, why is this breakfast conversation?" Sammy fumed. "For once, I'd have to agree with angry Sammy." Yasmina said, placing her hand on top of Sammy's. "I just thought I could fill him in because he was the last one." Brooklynn said, "Let's just eat, okay, guys?" Darius said, "Please."

After they finished up, they picked up their plates,
"I have to get ready for the presentation..." Kenji uttered, "You're still going?" Brooklynn asked him with worried eyes, "I don't have a choice." Kenji replied, "If I don't go, it'll be worse." Kenji sighed.

"But, if you do go...there's a chance you'll see Wu." Brooklynn said, "And Scar is not going with you this time." Ben spoke up, Scar glared at Ben, "If he—" Scar went to say, "No." Ben glared back, "I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if you got taken...again."

Kenji collected the tie and jacket of his suit, "I'll be okay, if Wu's there he won't do anything in front of my dad." Kenji said, the articles of clothing folded over her shoulder, "Kenji..." Brooklynn hesitated.

"My dad won't let anything happen to me or any of you." Kenji leaned down to kiss Brooklynn's forehead. "But, Wu is unpredictable." Darius said, "There is no way of telling what he'll do next." Darius added. "You don't know if—" Darius was cut off, "Darius! My dude, I will be fine, okay? If anything happens, I'll just run off with these sweet powers Wu gave me!" Kenji interrupted Darius, "What?" Darius asked.

"Look, I know what Wu did was terrible, but he gave us these abilities to help—" Kenji was cut off. "Kenji." Scar said and everyone looked at her expectantly, "I know where you are going with this. Don't you think for a second that what Wu did was helpful in any way." She said, pointing her finger towards Kenji.

"These things will haunt you forever, it is no luxury." Scar added, "I ne—" Kenji was cut off again, "And if I have to say that man's name again, so help me god, Kenji. I won't hesitate to ruin your day." Scar finished with a threatening look, "Damn." Kenji said, "Why did you have to be such a good teacher, Ben?" Kenji asked.