Naturally Alone

Scar, needing a change of scenery, decided to muster up the courage to find another biome. Not the swamp biome, nor the warehouse, somewhere different, somewhere as far as possible from the campers. Scar slowly leaned forward, pressing her palms against the slightly moist grass in the fogged area of the forest, letting the tips of her toes squish against the ground underneath her.

Scar took a few small steps forward before continuing in a steady pace. She lowered her head to the ground, her nose brushing up against the taller grass on this side of the forest biome, she sniffed the ground as if she was looking for berries on Nublar. She drew back in disgust as she got the slightest smell of Ben or the campers, she felt to sick to her stomach, almost like she was going to puke.

Scar clutched her stomach with her hand. She stopped moving with her steady pace, Scar stared down at the green grass, trying to keep her mind off of what she nearly did to Ben....But, even if she didn't try to hurt him with her hands, she had already hurt him with her tongue. The words that flew out her mouth so fast that she couldn't control, the words that dug like needles into his skin.

Scar couldn't be sick, not now, not because of Ben. And then Scar remembered how she had barely eaten anything in days, there wasn't anytime left in her stomach to come up except for the chemical constance, but Scar wasn't hungry, it seemed that she never was nowadays. She looked up, seeing the brighter patch of trees ahead of her and she knew that a brighter forest meant an airlock nearby.

She removed her hand from her abdomen and placed it back down on the grass and continued forward. 'Forget, Scar. Forget them all, Scar. Don't remember, don't remember. You've done this before, you can do it again but better, you have to do this, Scar. You don't need anyone, Scar. You're alone, Scar, as always, Scar, alone, alone, alone!'

Scar was alone and it was better that way, she had been alone since she was a child, with no mother or father in her life, and with barely any friends of her own except for her teammates, but she was only friends with them because she had good sportsmanship, it wasn't like they went hanging out after Scarlett finished her swim lessons after school.

All Scar had was Ada, and when Ada left, she didn't have anyone or anything. Scar had the evil DCFS men and then Cole came into her life and he left faster than anyone else ever had. Scar barely got him back, only spending time with him for a few days, edging onto a week, and now all they did was fight, Scar avoided him as much as she could.

And after all this time as she was thinking, Scar had crossed over into the desert biome, a place where she only spent about a second in when she was rescuing Pebbles. It didn't take long before a thin sheen of sweat formed on her body, the sun was brutally hot and it was a temperature that Scar hadn't felt for a long time. Scar grabbed Ben's bandana, that you couldn't even classify as a piece of fabric anymore, it was so shredded and torn, covered and stained with dirt and months worth of sweat for Ben and Scar.

She couldn't even call it "Ben's bandana" anymore, she couldn't think about him before Mantah Corp, she couldn't and she wouldn't think about Ben at all. Scar took the blue piece of fabric from her arm and used whatever could be salvaged as a hair tie, she used her left hand to grab her long hair, forming into the shape of a ponytail before she used to right hand to grab all of her and tie it up with the fabric into a sloppy bun at the middle of her head.

It was something quick, something to get all that hair off her neck and shoulders, it would fall out and become a messy ponytail as soon as she had to spring into action for whatever reason but it would serve a purpose for her now. Scar observed that the desert biome was nothing more than beige sand, off green cacti with some of them having pink flowers, and a series of large rocks that formed mountains along with the cavernous rocks spread throughout the landscape.