Even For Us

Later in the day, after the whole Mae and Wu confrontation, Kon with Wu walked together, discussing the plans that they had for the next dinosaur fight. As Kenji and Wu mentioned, the Indotopus was the ultimate boss, an unbeatable and ruthless beast that would not be easy to take down.

On the expedition to Nublar, Kon had gathered some candidates, a Carnotorus, a Anklyosaurus, and a Baronyx, and he still had the smaller T-Rex chipped. All these dinosaurs would go face to face with the Indotopus in the battlefield, in the stadium that Wu had forgot to show to Kon and the investors.

"I've gathered some new opponents." Kon said to Wu, "Wonderful." Wu replied with a small smirk. "We'll gather them and send them off to the swamp biome and to the warehouse so they can battle in the stadium that I hope is all finished." Kon glanced over to Wu, his glance turning into a glare, almost threatening Wu with his gaze. "Sir, as I told you the other day, the arena is in tiptop shape, the newest lights, the largest bleachers and a nice padded ground for our opponents." Wu explained.

"Good, because tonight we're having our test round." Kon said, "I need to know that the Indoraptor can be a valuable asset in this business." Kon added. "The Indoraptor is a dinosaur with DNA delicately strung together, it will do you good and not disappoint you." Wu replied before he suddenly stopped.

"Wu?" Kon asked, Wu placed his right arm behind his head and used his hand to feel the bandages at the back of his head and slightly at his neck. "I am so sorry for what that girl....that savage girl did that to you." Kon said, his voice was full of pity. "I have no idea who or what she is...And I don't know why she would want to hurt you or me, Kenji too." Kon told him. "Mae seems to know about her, I don't know why she would hide something like that from me..."

"Maybe Mae isn't as trustful as you think." Wu took his hand away from his head, "If you were my boss, I would tell you everything I knew so we could keep this island together." Wu began to walk again, "Maybe you're too trustful, Kon." Wu glanced at him. "I am not." Kon deflected. "You tried trusting those kids, didn't you? And that didn't go so well, they messed everything up and that's why you had to lock them up. Perhaps you gave them too much freedom, too much control, now who knows where they ran off to." Wu replied, "Don't remind me, Wu."

"I have BRAD-X's looking for the kids AND that wild girl, but they're clever little bastards." Kon grumbled. "I see." Wu said, Kon sighed, "Yeah." He looked forward, "Don't fret, Kon. Once they find out the dinosaurs are being moved for a fight, they'll come running back, they would sacrifice everything for my creations and that thought is thrilling, isn't it?" Wu grinned, "Oh, you're absolutely right." Kon seemed to cheer up, "They didn't like the first presentation....." Kon began to think.

"..And they won't like this one either." Kon smirked widely. "Very well." Wu nodded, "Very well." He too smirked widely. "Thank you, Wu." Kon said, "No need to thank me." Wu replied, "I'm only trying to help." Wu said. "I'll go get the stadium ready."

"Right." Kon replied, watching Wu walk away from him, down the hallway of the compound. "Gentlemen!" Kon announced as he found the two goons he had hired, "Stop laying around and move these dinosaurs." Kon ordered. "Yes, sir." One goon responded, "You can play with the chips later." Kon said, brushing past them. Unknowingly, Kenji was hiding behind the bushes, 'Move the dinosaurs?' Kenji thought, 'Where are they taking them?'

'I have to find Darius!' Kenji ran off to find his friends, and unknowingly to Kenji, Darius was eves dropping too, on the opposite side of Kenji, hiding in another bush. 'Move the dinosaurs?' Darius thought. 'I have to tell the others!' Darius ran off to find his friends, Darius had an advantage, he knew where his friends were, Kenji didn't. "Guys!" Darius tripped through the bushes, falling down into the middle of his friends, "Ah..." Darius groaned quietly. 'I can't run with this limp..' Darius thought.