Different

Everyone was happy, everyone was reunited, Darius being brought back to everyone, including Mae who welcomed him with open arms. They no longer needed to stay in the hideout that they had found, they were free to run around and everyone was just relieved that Kash was all locked up and away.

Now, the only thing left to do was bring the baby dinosaurs back to their designated habitats which would be in the different biomes, but first, they needed to get the chip out of Firecracker, which was the baby Brachiosaurus that despite Ben's disability he was still able to bond with her. Yasmina, Sammy and Brooklynn went off with Angel and Rebel to bring them home, Darius and Kenji decided to have some bro time and Ben was trying his best to have fun with the baby Brachiosaurus.

Firecracker was more fond of Mae and perhaps that was for the better, and as Mae was feeding Firecracker some leaves for a more substantial food source, Mae was startled by someone, "Oh, gosh!" Mae exclaimed and Firecracker jumped back. "Easy, girl..." Mae ran her hand along Firecrackers neck.

Scar was that someone, she jumped out of the bushes and stood her ground as she stared at Mae and the Brachiosaurus, Scar had smelt Ben and she was looking for him. "N-Not Ben..." Scar murmured, her voice was low and hoarse as she was still trying to recover, "You talked..." Mae said even though she couldn't understand what Scar had said. Mae's face contorted with realization, "You're human..."

To Mae, Scar looked similar to the campers, with her long, overgrown black hair, her bushy arms and legs and the scars that were visible from her head to her toes, the only difference was that Scar wasn't in a hospital gown, she didn't walk on her hind legs and she appeared to have fangs. Firecracker wailed loudly, "Mae...What's going on..." Ben voiced in the distance, "Uh, over here, Ben!" Mae yelled so that Ben could follow her voice, "Why is Firecracker making that noise?..." Ben asked as he began to walk towards the sound of Mae.

Scar ran around Mae and the Brachiosaurus, and Mae was watching her every move, Scar ran up to Ben, grabbing his hands that he had stretched out so he wouldn't bump into anything, "Scar!" Ben exclaimed, squeezing her hands. "I can just tell it's you..." Ben said, Mae was awfully confused, "What?" the word escaped through her lips, "O-Oh, Mae...this is uh...Scar." Ben introduced, "Scar, can we go close to Mae?" Ben asked, "She's our friend, she's helped us on this island." Ben explained to Scar, "I know how you feel about strangers and humans....but she's different."

Scar let go of one of Ben's hands, only holding onto his right hand as she glanced over to Mae and back at Ben before leading him over to Mae, "Scar helped us back on Nublar...and now...she's here!" Ben said, slightly lying, the kids still hadn't come clean about Wu and what he had done, Mae knew nothing about him, nor did Wu know anything about her.

"Mhm..." Mae slowly nodded, her eyes scanning over Scar and darting back to Ben, 'Her neck looks really bad.' Mae thought to herself, 'I'm no medical doctor, but...' Mae continued to think rather than speak, since Ben had poor vision, he wasn't able to see a whole lot and if Mae had pointed out Scar's neck verbally, that would only make Ben a worried mess.

Scar breathed in and her nose was hit with a familiar smell, and it wasn't Ben, who she began to sniff and walk around him, "Ben...Does she always walk circles around you? Sniffing you?" Mae asked out of curiosity, "Not usually....but a lot has changed.."

"Just try your best to ignore it." Ben reassured her. Scar's eyes slightly watered as her eyebrows raised, realizing who Ben smelled like, "Ben." Scar said, her voice still sounded all messed up from her strangulation. "Yeah?" Ben asked, "You sound a little different..." Ben added, "Are you okay?" He asked.

"W-What did he do?.." Scar asked, ignoring Ben's comments, "Huh?" Ben was filled with confusion, he had blocked out the memory of his interaction with Cole. Scar cleared her throat, "What did he do?" She asked again as some blood came out of her mouth, Scar spit to the side as she waited for Ben to reply.