Some Of Us Are Happy

Only two days to get ready for everything, Mr. Kon had investors coming and Wu had to make sure the dinosaur that he was creating was absolutely perfect. Wu had built a makeshift paddock out of scrap metal from all the discarded and destroyed cages from past experiments, Wu was proud of himself and it was as if everything that had happened melted away from him. In addition, Wu was happy and well rested.

Now all Wu had to do was wait, he freshened himself up, shaving off his light stubble that had formed when he restlessly stayed up all night continuing into the morning and he threw out his blood, drool and coffee stained lab coat, replacing it for a fresh new one, he put a pot of coffee on and waited for the future. Unfortunately, Wu was still very under staffed, Hawkes had disappeared and when Wu asked around he was told that Hawkes, quote on quote, 'Found new work' and that reason almost sent Wu into a spiral of rage, he was ready to rip someone's head off or go through the ends of the earth just to get his best mercenary back.

With this new dinosaur, which wouldn't be able to be tamed or controlled by any means, it was all hands on deck, this dinosaur that Wu created was similar to his past creations, with a similar name, appearance, and fighting ability as what Wu created before, it wouldn't be as bad of a dinosaur and hopefully this one creature was enough to impress Wu's special guests, allowing him to gain more income for the future of his experiments.

Speaking of Wu's experiments, he still made them fight, mainly the aquatic species, he was low on terrestrial species for fights and without the fights in the terrestrial arena it allowed it to be focused on more and become completely built. Pebbles was put into training, swimming back and forth, trying to perfect her tail flicks and water manipulation, while also trying to enjoy the feeling of swimming in a larger body of water, Prickle was wasting away in their cage, barely moving, not much tossing and turning.

It was the next day and the campers had fairly settled down in the investor suite, they were provided with resources to survive, like food and water, shelter and entertainment, they could relax. But, they had growing suspicions about Kon, mainly Ben, Brooklynn and Darius and they decided to go check to see what he was really up to even though they were still in hospital gowns, Kon had asked about it but none of them said anything to him, if they did tell him anything, it would be a lie.

The only one that would be getting a slightly new wardrobe was Kenji, his father had a specific suit and tie outfit for him to wear to the investment party and Kenji would also wear this suit on his date with Brooklynn. Despite everything that happened, Kenji and Brooklynn managed to find love in one another, they enjoyed each other's company and realized that they had feelings for each other not too long after coming to Mantah Corp island, Kenji was just nervous that his father wouldn't approve....

And Kenji wanted this date to be perfect.

"Kenji." Mr. Kon said, "About this date..." He added, "You may have to reschedule." Kon said and Kenji frowned immediately. "I'm bringing the investors to a separate biome after a few hours of us having drinks and business conversations in the forest biome, and I'd like you to come, son." Kon explained. "I want you to have a good time."

"You've been hanging around with your friends for a while now...And I want to have a good quality time with you, Kenji. Maybe you could tell us all about those dinosaur stories, but I understand what love can do to a person..." Mr. Kon trailed off.

"I just want to think about it." Kon paused.

"If she's the right person, showing up is all that matters..." Kon grazed his hand against Kenji's shoulder before he walked out. Kenji sighed, what was his dad talking about? Of course Brooklynn would show up for him, Brooklynn was the right person and she did love him and she wouldn't disappoint. So, Kenji with the help of Yasmina and Sammy decorated the main area of the investor suite for Kenji and Brooklynn, all the other campers would stay in their rooms as the date went on, they would stay out of the way. Yasmina and Sammy were happy to help, they were happy that their friends were in love.