The Basement

Kenji with the investors and his father was led to a too familiar of a biome...It was the swamp biome, which was also the warehouse biome. "Uh, Kon, what exactly are we looking at?" Cyrus asked as he took off his sunglasses to look up at the camouflaged building, it was night in the forest biome but daytime in the swamp/warehouse biome, "You'll see." Kon said as he walked over to the door and gave two knocks.

Kenji sunk into himself, he melted away becoming two small puddles that were floating in his dress shoes, Kenji gulped as the door opened. "Ah, Kon..." Wu said as he opened the from the inside, his non distorted voice sent shivers down Kenji's spine. "I don't know whether to say if you're early or you're late." Wu chuckled and Kon did too, Wu stepped outside of the building, he stuck his hand out for Kon to shake.

Kon shook Wu's hand, "Doctor Henry Wu." Wu said as their hands were firmly held together, shaking up and down at a medium pace, "President Daniel Kon." Kon replied, "It's wonderful to see you in person." Wu inhaled as their hands let go. "Yes...It is." Kon replied. Wu was in a black turtleneck with some gray pants and his long lab coat around his body, covering the back of his legs. "My son, Kenji, has told me and the investors all about your dinos."

Kenji nearly passed out when his father said his name, but before he could say or do anything, Kon pulled Kenji over to his side, "Oh, he did, now?" Wu looked up at Kenji and asked in an almost sarcastic tone, if Kenji was alive, that meant all the other campers were too. Wu should've put two in two together, Kon being Kenji's father and all, but the family issues didn't matter, Kenji was too scared to tell his father what had happened and Wu would get his money no matter what it took.

Kenji smiled nervously with beads of sweat running down the sides of his forehead, "Boy, is it hot out here! Let's go inside, yeah?" Kenji spilled out as he looked around and adjusted his collar frantically. Kon was a little upset with Kenji's etiquette, he expected his son to sound more professional in order for him to make a good impression on the investors and now Wu. But, "I couldn't agree more." Kon glanced over to Kenji and gave him the smallest smile, "Great, right this way." Wu said as he held the door open, "Wait by the elevators." Wu instructed.

Before closing the doors, Wu looked left and he looked right, making sure nobody was out near the building, and then Wu closed the door behind him, it closed with a slight bang. Wu took a ring of keys out and locked the door behind him. As Kenji stepped back into the building, he were hit with the same musty smell, covered up by cleaning supplies, the AC crept along his body like a bunch of spiders, his skin itched and his mind raced, he took a deep breath in.

Wu, Kon, Kenji and the investors stepped into the spacious elevator, Kenji made sure to stay close to his father or at least as far away as possible from Wu. Kenji was trying to make sense of how his father got wrapped up in Wu's mess, did his father approve of Wu's experiments? Was Wu going to test on the investors? Or, show them the experimental fights?

Wu pressed a button on the elevator, "Basement, selected." And the investors pondered on the idea of a talking elevator, "It helps me control who's in and who's out." Wu said as if he had read their minds and after that it was a series of 'Hms' and 'Ohs' followed by some questions that Wu was happy to answer. "I need to invest in that." Kon smirked.

"Going down." Kenji's hands got all clammy and he could feel his fingers twitching, he stuffed his hands in his pocket, avoiding eye contact with Wu, his father and even the investors. Kenji was never this nervous, only if he was being chased by a dinosaur but he had never had this type of reaction where he wanted to jump out of his skin.

Kenji could feel his heart beat out of his chest as there was light chatter in the elevator, Kenji shrunk away, melting back into his shoes, and they were only in the elevator for about five minutes before the doors opened again, "Basement, reached."