Coming Clean | Troubling Minds

Kenji in his dress shoes sprinted off towards the elevator with the needle firmly gripped in his hand, "Going up." Kenji rolled his eyes as he clicked the button for him to go up to the.. "Lobby, selected." The elevator doors closed, going up a floor level, "Lobby, reached." Kenji ran out of the elevator, running to the door to leave the building.

Kenji used his other hand to grab the door knob, he jiggled the handle but the door wouldn't open and that's when Kenji remembered how Wu locked the door, Kenji inhaled through his nose deeply, exhaling out through his mouth before he pressed his shoulder up against the door and forced it open.

"Oh, shit...Dad's gonna kill me!" Kenji tripped out of the building, Kenji ran towards the airlock, "I broke the damn door..." Kenji stressed to himself as he ran. Kenji wasn't that far from the airlock when Scar jumped out of it, "Ah!" Kenji called out and fell back on his bottom, "Hey! We found him!" Ben said.

"I know that girlish yell from anywhere!..Heh.." Ben added, "Kenji!" Darius ran over to him, checking to see if he was okay, "Watch your step!" Kenji yelled, frantically looking around for the needle he had dropped, "Oh, no, no, no, no!" Kenji searched around in the grass, "I just had it!" Kenji panicked.

"Woah, woah, Kenji...Slow down..." Darius stepped back from him, "What are you looking for?" Darius asked, "I wasn't making it up!" Kenji patted along his chest to see if he had placed it in a pocket of his suit, "Making what up?" Darius asked, "And why do you have a needle in your hand?" Darius questioned, raising his eyebrow, "Oh, thank god!" Kenji exclaimed with relief. "What the heck are you doing out here?" Darius asked him, "Keep your voice down..." He added.

Kenji shot up to his feet, "Uh...I..." Kenji shifted his eyes, "Long story..." Kenji quietly said, Scar circled around Kenji, sniffing him and the air around him, Scar growled under her breath, "She probably just doesn't like the cologne I'm wearing!.." Kenji laughed nervously, clutching onto the needle.

"Kenji." Darius crossed his arms, "I want some answers." Darius added, "We all deserve them."

Kenji sighed, "Can I at least tell you when we're back at the..." Kenji swallowed, "...investor suite..." Kenji croaked, "Yeah, sure, Kenj...Sorry, didn't mean to get all tense on you." Darius said with a soft smile, Darius walked over to Ben and took his hand, "Come on, Scar." Ben said as they all walked into the airlock. As they walked, Kenji took his suit jacket off, "Kenji...Is everything alright?" Darius noticed his action, Kenji looked off to the side, "It's better if I tell everyone so I don't have to repeat myself."

By the time they got back, Brooklynn was wide awake, "Where did you guys go?" She asked as Darius and Ben walked through the doors, they walked out of the way to reveal Kenji and Scar. "Kenj, I am so so..." Brooklynn tried to apologize, Kenji ran up to her and hugged her tightly, "I don't even care about the date anymore...." Kenji leaned into her neck, "Oh, Brooklynn..." Kenji sniffled.

"Woah, Kenji...What happened?" Brooklynn asked as Kenji began to sob, Kenji slowly collapsed to the floor, Brooklynn going with him, "Hey, Hey, Kenji...Kenji!" Brooklynn softly said, caressing his face. "Shh..." Brooklynn comforted him, "It's okay..."

Kenji let go of the needle and it rolled over to Scar, Scar hissed at the capped syringe, arching her back.

"What the hell is all this ruckus?" Sammy sat from the floor with her arms crossed around her soggy pillow, "Sammy, I'm sure it's important if they're up at this time.." Yasmina whispered to her, struggling to sit up. Kenji sniffled, wiping his tears, "I'm fine...I'm fine." Kenji said, Brooklynn pulled him into another hug, Scar began to smack at the needle.

"No, Scar!" Kenji slightly pushed Brooklynn off him, "That's supposed to help you with Cole!" Kenji raised his voice, his words coming out rather fast, Scar looked up at Kenji with just her eyes, "D-Doctor Rosemary...She said it was an antidote." Kenji explained, Scar's eyes soften at the name.