116

The room was black. The lights out as the only sound was the pained breathing of the male who was tied to a chair in the center of the room.

His face busted in from Clarke's boot but the pain of that would only be a scratch in comparison. The back of his head pulsed from the sharp object which had smacked him only an hour prior.

He had lost the gag though, meaning whoever did hit him over the back of the head took it off.

He jumped at the voice which spoke from behind him. His thoughts running as he found he no longer was alone. The words echoing around the dark room threateningly.

"I warned you. And now look where we are. A dark room without a single escape."

He heard her footsteps as she approached. The steps powerful as she made him hear them.

"I don't want to make this quick. I want this to be painful, long. I want to stretch this to an eternity. So that you might possibly understand just how much anger I hold for you alone."

A light flickered behind him, lighting a small spotlight in the room. Him in the center. He could see the gray floors below him and as he drifted his gaze upwards, he could see the shadow of a woman.

"I didn't even know if you were still alive. Yet somehow, fate led me to this moment. How wickedly wonderful."

She stared like a predator. Eyes on the prey. Her tone mocking as she stayed hidden in the dark.

"How lucky am I." His first words since she had begun.

She laughed, cold, dark, mocking.

"No. What's lucky is that you're still breathing." She walked to stand in front. The light hitting her malicious grin as she twirled a small knife in her hands. "I'll ask you a question. Answer honestly and it'll help decide your fate. Is the child within Diyoza yours?" He was silent. His mind processing as he hesitated, his hesitation was all she needed. Especially since she already knew the answer.

"No." She smiled, twisting the knife down as if to write. She came into the light, moving closer to him.

"Hmm. What a strange coincidence. You see, I'm pretty sure you are the father." She slammed the knife into his knee. Nearly the same spot as the first time she had stabbed him.

He roared. The small precision point of the thin tip dug into the muscle and tapped bone before she slammed her fist into the top. Hammering the metal to split between his joint. His breaths came out in pants as he fought to control himself.

"Would you like to try again, McCreary?" She drew closer to his ear behind him. "If you aren't already afraid, then you should be. This will be fun for only one of us. And I don't need to hide behind an electrical collar. Nor these chains." She pulled the cuffs from his wrists and tossed them away to a corner.

She threw a dagger to the floor. The metal clattering as she stepped backwards into the dark. He studied the knife before looking for the woman. His hand ripping the knife from his knee now able to duel wield.

"Pick it up. It would be wrong to not give you a chance." She laughed in the darkness. "As slim as it may be."

"You're a demon." She laughed again, this time behind him. He spun trying to find her.

"No, McCreary. I am much worse. I'm the Bringer of Death. And I'm so thankful your time as come." She stepped into the light now to his left. He turned swinging outwards with his knife but she just disappeared again.

"So eager to begin. As you wish." Then she appeared in front of him. Blades glinting in the light of her eyes.

She toyed with the older male. Breaking him down piece by piece. Allowing him to reveal his weakness for her to exploit.

"Do you want to know why I never broke? Why no matter how much pain you put me through, I never gave in?" McCreary grunted as she kicked his feet from underneath him. His back slamming to the floor as she backed away enough for him to rise again.

"Because I'm a monster. And to be made, I had to be shattered."

She wasn't just the Bringer of Death. She was his mortal embodiment- and McCreary would see no mercy from her.

______•*•*•*•______

Persphyni stepped from the room. New blood coating her skin as she stared down at the floor. Her breathing timed as she forced herself to settle back down. McCreary would not be able to hurt her future anymore. Nor anyone else's.

"Persphyni." She rose her head, her eyes snapping to meet his own. Her shoulders sagged inwards as she watched him raise his arms outwards for her to bury herself in his hold. He was here. He came looking for her.

She took two large steps before wrapping herself around him. His strong arms holding her powerful form tightly to him.

"Did you?" She nodded, unable to find the will to speak. She nuzzled closer to him as they fell into a silence.

Her heart raced in her chest as they stood there. His chin resting on her head as he kept her close. She knew what she was feeling. The hatred having moved towards a positive emotion.

Everyone should be in cryo now, save for a few people. McCreary was dead. Her father also in cryo, had a chance to survive. And she was here, in the arms of Bellamy Blake. Her first love, other than her stories (and her weapons).

She mumbled a sentence into his chest. The words unclear as she squeezed him tighter.

"What was that?" He asked with a chuckle. She frowned mumbling it into his chest again. "Babe, I can't hear you when you do that." She huffed.

She pulled back slightly her cheeks tinted with pink as she looked into his eyes. She held eye contact for two seconds before looking away again.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She looked at the male who seemed to make her melt into this sappy puddle. Her doe-eyed stare turned into a glare as she leaned back into him.

She almost hit him when he started laughing at her.

"Persphyni. What is going on? You are never this cuddly. I'm not complaining, but somethings up." She glared into his chest as she hyped herself up.

She said it before to him. So why couldn't she just fucking say it.

Cause he was unconscious the first time and you were inaudible the last two.

If she could flip herself off then she would.

"Bellamy." Persphyni pulled backwards, looking at the glowing eyes in front of her. They were twinkling in amusement and slight worry. "I have to tell you something." She continued. Her words slow as she delayed the inevitable.

She needed to do this.