102

"Can't sleep either?" I finished my swing before dropping my sword to my side and wiping my forehead with my sleeve.

"What do you need, Via?" I panted slightly as I sheathed my sword.

"I need your help." I rose an eyebrow.

"Come on." I gave in, gesturing her to follow me as I walked further away from camp. "Shoot."

"My heart is telling me to trust my brother completely. And I don't have a problem with that." She started before trailing off.

"But your gut knows his inside source is Echo speaking from Diyoza?" I guessed.

"Yes. Do you have any thoughts?" I looked at the younger female my eyes looking right through hers. I saw her fear.

"Yes. I've had some." I admitted crossing my arms. "What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking we need to utilize our greatest weapon in a way that only the two of us know." A smirk pulled at my lips.

"I'm listening."

So for the next several minutes, we brainstormed an additional plan. And I couldn't help but grin as we did. Octavia was the one who approached me. Not Blodreina. Not Skairipa. My Via.

"You know Bellamy will have questions." Via told me.

"I'll handle him. For everyone else, I've gone to disrupt their camp. No one needs to know anything more, I'll leave before everyone wakes up." She nodded.

"Persphyni." I turned back to look at her. "Be careful." I smiled.

"I'll see you in The Valley, Via."

______•*•*•*•______

"Bellamy, wake up." He groaned flipping around to face me with his eyes still closed.

"What is it?" Man I'm glad we aren't being attacked right now.

"I'm leaving to get to my treehouse. I'm taking the plan a step further and going to ambush them on a third front." Bellamy's eyes opened once he heard me say I was leaving.

"No, wait, I'll come with you." I shook my head, setting my hand on his shoulder.

"No. Not this time." I smiled but he wasn't having any of it. I found myself yanked from the ground and pinned down on the bed before his body collapsed on top of mine. "Bellamy, what are you doing?" I tried to lift him off me gently but he wasn't budging.

"You're not going. You're not leaving without me." I sighed, wrapping my arms around his waist and hugging him. His sleepy state causing him to cuddle me back.

I laid with him for a while, slowly turning to where we were laying on our sides. His grasp looser in this position.

"Bellamy?" I whispered, waiting a moment before slowly moving out of his grasp. My movements calculated as I worked a pillow into his arms.

My chest hurt as I sat on the ground beside the bed leaning towards his face.

"I'll apologize tomorrow in The Valley. I hope you understand why I have to go now." I whispered as I traced the lines on his face. I felt horrible for leaving him, but I know he's going to be fine. He can take care of himself. "I promise I'll make it up to you somehow." I sighed, rising to a kneeling position.

"I love you, Bellamy."

The words sang from my mouth as I felt a weight lift from my chest. The words taking it with them. And yes maybe it didn't technically count, but it did for me. I'd tell him again tomorrow in The Valley.

I spared him one more glance before leaving the tent, my eyes searching for the tent which held my goddaughter. I stuck my head in and dropped off the small note with information as to what I was doing so they wouldn't worry when I didn't visit in the morning as well as a route they could take to avoid carnage.

Once I had done all that I needed to do around camp, I tightened my sword around my back and made way towards The Valley. The moon high overhead as it lit my path. Walking with me like an old friend.

"Here's to not being an Olympian." I jokingly saluted the moon, as I climbed the large hill. The last one before I would be able to see the beginning of The Valley.

And there it was. In all it's glory. The place I had made safe.

My semipermanent home.

______•*•*•*•______

"Fuck." I hissed as my left foot missed the branch I had reached for. My arms tense as I pulled myself up and tried again. This time getting my foot on the branch. I had a few more feet left and I didn't want to have to restart. In my frantic attempt to hide my treehouse, I also hid the rope which helps me get up.

Meaning I had to climb all the way up. And after having walked for nearly three hours, I was forcing my limbs to work.

When I finally reached the top, I threw my body onto the wooden balcony and laid face first for a few seconds. Trying to catch my breath as I finally pushed up and turned to rest my back on the wall.

I stare at the sun that was slowly rising along the horizon and gave myself a weak high-five. I had three hours before they made it to The Valley. So I was taking my time.

I counted to fifty before standing up and going inside the small room. I found myself grinning at the familiar space. Everything was exactly where I left it. Except for the few dust bundles.

I really need to thank my past self for having the foresight to return my bow and a full quiver of 20 arrows before I was trapped by McCreary. While stealth was important, so was gear.

I pulled my quiver over on top of my sword sheath, my bow on top of that across my body. Then I grabbed another small pistol and attached it to my right calf tightly. I then proceeded to do a quick test to make sure everything would remain in place if I were to take off running or jumping or climbing. After looking like a hooligan in the treehouse, I took one more look at my items.

With an exhale I lifted the metal shield from the wall and strapped it to my back. If I had a mirror I probably would laugh at how silly I look with all the equipment strapped to me, but this wasn't just for playing dress up.

With a nod to myself, I turned to leave the treehouse, a sad smile on my lips as I looked at the mat of blankets I so desperately wanted to sleep on. But I didn't know how long I truly had and I wanted to be ready.

As I was leaving, I froze looking at the rough bedside table. On top of the table was my thick leather bound journal. All my letters to Bellamy about each day within them. I almost left them, but something told me to go ahead and slip the journal into my cargo pocket that I could button up.

Now I was really ready.