95

"Stop!" Monty came storming into the arena, Harper right behind him.

I rose from my crouch. Standing up and turning. Casually creating distance between myself and Octavia. I was breathing heavily, my chest rising and falling as my lungs expanded and retracted. Adrenaline rushed through my ears as my head pounded.

I heard him before I felt him as he wrapped me in a hug. His face buried in my hair and his arms held me tight to him. I could feel his heart racing as he stood behind me, almost as fast as mine.

"Thank you." His whisper was so quiet that if I wasn't paying attention I wouldn't have heard it.

I leaned further into him, patting his hand with mine as I nonverbally communicated back. My stoic face still plastered on as the blood and sweat dried along my body and clothes.

Flashes of the fight I just had came in waves. The raw power and exertion that was shown easily took a hit at my endurance. I was buzzing. Part of me wanted to run and let the energy out. Another part wanted to sit down in a quiet field outside. I was exhausted yet that small part of me wanted to keep going.

That darkest part of me, the part which I had to fight from leaving Bellamy's embrace, wanted to keep going- but this time, end it. End her. Then take on whoever wanted to challenge me next. That small demon wanted blood. She wanted revenge. She wanted her title back. She wanted them to fear her once more.

"Bell, do not let me go." I warned as I grew antsy. My fingers dancing as I imagined what could have happened.

"I won't. Never again." I gave a soft smile, the cheesy bastard.

"Have I told you how cheesy you can be sometimes?"

"Nope, but you love it." For once, I didn't even try to deny it.

"It's definitely a character trait." I whispered playfully as I refocused in on what Monty was talking about.

"The hydrofarm is working again. Soon it will be producing enough to feed all of us here. Using the same techniques, we can grow crops on the wasteland." Monty announced holding up a plant that was growing. "Ask Octavia. She's seen it with her own eyes."

The crowd turned to Octavia as she stood in the pit among us. Her form much smaller than when she sat above us.

"Is that true?" Someone mumbled, murmurs rising in the crowd as they questioned their leader. Their Blodreina.

"Go to war if you want to. But at least tell them they have a choice." Monty pointed to the crowd as he addressed Octavia.

Silence followed before one male's voice rose above.

"Nou Blodreina Nowe."

Then the crowd followed, the chain links of the fence clank as the crowd showed their opinion.

"NOU BLODREINA NOWE!"

"Blodreina no more." I whispered, an ounce of concern rising as I felt the arena's atmosphere shift.

The crowd continued to chant, flooding the arena as Octavia vanished. I watched her carefully. Bellamy's arms tight around me.

"Octavia is leaving." I voice yet my words were drowned out. Harper was congratulating Monty and Indra was praising Bellamy.

"Octavia is gone." I spoke again taping Bellamy's forearm to get his attention.

"What?"

"Octavia left. She's gone. We need to go." I was quick and to the point. Bellamy and I both snapping into alert as we grabbed Indra, Gaia, Harper, and Monty before running out of the arena.