33

Black evaporated to glowing red and orange flickers. The world melts and singes beneath the roaring color. Heat rising and piercing the air. Screams and cries died out long ago as life itself burned and burned and burned.

In the midst of the flames stood two souls. Back to back. Their eyes unseeing. Only the waves of heat and the vicious flickering of the flames in their view.

Together yet apart.

As smoke rose and the waves of flame crashed and rolled, spiraling up and up, a figure stood in front of both souls. A figure that they each could see and recognize. A figure different from the other. A figure that collapsed before them- falling to the fiery ground.

The souls jolted, running forward away from the other and towards the falling figure.

"No!"

_____

"Bellamy!" She roared as she ran over the flames towards the fallen body. Her knees collapsing as she collided with the ground. The heat whipped her skin as she brings Bellamy's head into her lap. Her arms getting beneath him until she was cradling his upper body.

"No. No. No. I'm sorry. Please come back." Her breathing shook. "Please. Please, don't leave me. I need you."

Her tears poured from her face. But not even her sorrow could extinguish the destruction of the world. Not even her suffering could act as a sacrifice for this damaged and forsaken world.

_____

"Persphyni!" His cry pierced the air as he dove towards her falling figure. His hands catching her as they both collided with the ground. "No. No. No. Persphyni. Persphyni, please!" He had lost her more than once. Losing her again- he couldn't bare it.

"Not again. Please wake up. Please. I need you."

The heat was numbing as his already broken heart shattered, echoing in his chest. His breath caught in his throat as tears streamed down his face. His love cradled securely to his chest as he embraced her tightly.

_____

The flames roared in delight as they watched the pain and tears of these two souls. The sorrow was fuel allowing them to burn ever so bright. And so the flames rose higher and higher. Until the two souls and the figures were encased in a bright glowing cage.

Trapped forevermore.

_____

The blinding light of the flames darkened their visions to black until they felt their bodies being pulled and spun and thrown into somewhere new.

The darkness settled over the two souls as they stood still. Neither moving as they catch their breaths. A soft tug pulling at them brought them a step closer. This invisible thread between the two was tied tightly around their heart. Two souls forever entwined.

Another tug and their breaths mingled. Instinct told them to hold a hand out.

So the two souls raise their hands. Body heat finding body heat as their palms collided. Then their fingers interlaced.

Instinct had led them to one another.

Their love had paved the way.

_____

"Pers?" His voice was muffled, unheard by her as she called out his own name. He recognized the smaller calloused hands. Tough yet soft. Large enough to wield any weapon yet small enough to suffocate in his grasp. He felt a slight squeeze and his shattered dead heart buzzed alive in his chest.

"I'm h~"

"Bell, I'm he~"

"I'm right her~"

But her voice was still drifting in a void. The darkness brought them together, yet it continues to keep them apart.

Their hands moved in a rehearsed pattern. His left hand extended her right out as his right slid down her side to pull her waist in. Her hand slid up to the top of his shoulder.

Her hand brushed the patch of his guard jacket up to his broad shoulders as his brushed the hilt of her dagger. If there was ever a doubt, it had been chased away in that instant.

There was no music in the silence, yet the two began to glide. Their steps graceful as they lightly moved around the darkness. Dancing to the rhythm of their heartbeats.

They danced blindly. The string connecting them guiding them through the motions of a classical ballroom dance.

The two souls becoming one.

As they glided in the dark, the two souls slowly felt themselves fading. Their presence disappearing as they held each other closer.

He spun her around and dipped her low as their dance came to an end. His hands braced on her back as his arms encircled her in a protective cage.

She brought her hand from his shoulder. Gently laying it on his cheek. Softly she stroked the skin as she felt a small tear trickle down. Her thumb brushed it away as she stared up into the darkness where his face would be.

Still blind, she moved her other hand to the back of his neck and pulled him in closer in a hug. Her lips at his ear as the scene began to disappear. The steady humming of a string slowly began to fade.

"Bellamy. I'm here." And he heard it.

_______•*•*•*•_______

On earth, Persphyni rises from her blanket pile with a jolt. Her hand grasping at her chest in pain.

"Oh wicked, cruel thing." She cursed her heart.

On the Ring, Bellamy flies from his bed. Sweat beading along his forehead as his chest rises and falls rapidly.

"What the hell!"