Chapter 164: "What It'll Really Be Like...

Ji Yuxiao swiped the card key. He immediately heard footsteps and the next second, Ji Leyu giddily materialized before them.

"Daddy!" he called out happily as he threw himself at Lin Luoqing.

Lin Luoqing hugged onto him and picked him up. He then twirled him around.

Ji Yuxiao giggled and the cocked his head, "Has Daddy finished with work?"

"For today. I'll have more to do tomorrow and the day after."

Ji Leyu pursed his lips, "You still can't go home?"

"En," Lin Luoqing sighed.

Ji Leyu also sighed.

Luo Jia was greeted by one sigh following another when he headed out from the living room and laughed: "What are you sighing for? Haven't you been grumbling about when you can see your dad? Well, isn't he back now? Shouldn't you be happy?"

When Ji Leyu thought about it, he realized that Luo Jia had a point and smiled again.

"Alright, alright. Your family of four have reunited now. I'm going to head out."

"Eat together?" Ji Yuxiao asked him.

"Another day. Another day. I've already ate today," after he said that, he left the room.

When Xiao Li saw him, he left with him. Suddenly, only Lin Luoqing, Ji Yuxiao, and Ji Leyu, the three of them were left.

Lin Luoqing placed Ji Leyu back down and asked, "Where's Ge Ge?"

"In the room," Ji Leyu pointed at the room he just ran out from.

Lin Luoqing nodded his head and went over. He pushed open the door and saw that Lin Fei was writing something with his head buried in his work.

Lin Luoqing drew close with curiosity. He saw that Lin Fei seemed to be working on problems not meant for his age. It seemed to be for children in second and third grade.

Was this what they called "preparation"?

So impressive!

"Got off work?" Lin Fei finally placed his pen down after finishing his calculations. He turned to look at Lin Luoqing. 

Lin Luoqing gave him an "En," and patted Lin Fei's head. "Why are you doing these problems? Are these the materials your class is learning this semester?"

"The math teacher had me do it," Lin Fei said as he flipped through the answer page. He saw that he did them right, but there wasn't any giddiness in his eyes. Rather, he simply drew a line through the problem number, indicating that he had done the problem.

"It seems like the teacher thinks very highly of you," Lin Luoqing sighed. It was evident that the problems Lin Fei were doing were beyond the scope of his curriculum.

Lin Luoqing suspected that the teacher was attempting to probe out Lin Fei's level.

Lin Fei didn't understand, "What does that mean?"

"It means he has high expectations for you. He must think you're very capable and impressive."

This time Lin Fei was able to understand. He didn't think much of it anything. He felt like he was an emotionless problem-solving machine. The teacher gives him a set of problems. He'll do it. The teacher gives him another set of problems. He'll do those as well. 

It had nothing to do with him whether the teacher though highly of him or not.

"Hungry?" Lin Luoqing saw that he had done an entire page of problems. "Let's go. Take a break and eat something first."