Chapter 40: Lin Luoqing's Probing

"I was wondering how come your room was empty. You were here," Lin Luoqing opened his mouth to say.

Ji Leyu turned around and gave him a smile, well-behaved and cute, "I came to find Fei Fei Ge Ge to play."

"It's about time to take a bath and sleep. Which one of you wants to bathe first?"

Lin Luoqing peered at him and then took a look at Lin Fei.

Lin Fei was immersed in his book and was not willing to be disrupted at this time. It was rare that he would take the initiative to offer an opinion, "Him first then. I want to finish reading this part."

Lin Luoqing did not have any objections and peered over at Ji Leyu, gesturing for him to come near.

Ji Leyu had no choice. He only sighed and hopped off the bed to head toward Lin Luoqing.

When they left the room, Ji Leyu had deliberately peered back at Lin Fei. Lin Fei was still seriously reading his book.

Ji Leyu:... Was that book that interesting?! He had already read it for so long and he was still reading it.

So weird!

Really weird! Lin Luoqing and Ji Leyu returned back to Ji Leyu's room and turned the lights on. 

Lin Luoqing filled the tub with warm water and picked up Ji Leyu to place in the tub. He asked, "Were you scared? Back at Grandpa's place?"

ji Leyu shook his head and replied, "Dad will protect me."

"That is true," Lin Luoqing nodded his head.

He thought of what Lin Fei had said before regarding Ji Xin bullying Ji Leyu. Lin Luoqing inquired, "Ji Xin only verbally abused you right? You aren't hurt and they didn't do anything else?"

Ji Leyu shook his head. He was worried that Lin Luoqing would next ask what Ji Xin had said.

However, Lin Luoqing said next, "Since you don't want us to know what Ji Xin said, then I won't ask. However for you to react like that, what he said must have been really bad."

He looked at Ji Leyu and said gently, "Xiao Yu, you need to know that in this world not everyone is courteous and polite. There are some very impolite people who will say some ugly words. This is not your fault. It is theirs. So when you hear these, you should not be angry. You can feel dissatisfied and yell back, but don't begin to doubt yourself or feel guilty just because of others."

"The ones who are in the wrong is them, and not you. Do you understand?"

Ji Leyu was stunned and stared at Lin Luoqing sheepishly.

He obviously never thought he was in the wrong before.

Ji Xin had scolded him. Why would he think he was in the wrong?

However, Ji Leyu could not help but feel warmth from Lin Luoqing's concern and care.

He did not doubt him. He was instead worried that Ji Leyu would be unhappy because of Ji Xin's words.

Lin Luoqing did not question what Ji Xin had said because he knew that Ji Leyu did not want Ji Leyu to know/

He was really a very gentle person.

"En," Ji Leyu replied with a smile.

"However for you to still be willing to save him even after Ji Xin treated you like that, I can see that our Xiao Yu is a really good kid." Lin Luoqing said while looking at him.

Ji Leyu's eyes curved into crescents but he did not say anything.

"It's just that he really is quite hateful. You saved him and he would still bite you bite and pin everything back on you," Lin Luoqing seemed quite worried, "Xiao Yu, in the future when you meet people who need your help, would you still save them?"