Chapter 116: Emotional

Of course Ji Yuxiao was showing off to him, "When we have time in the future, I'll make some more for you."

Lin Luoqing: ...

"We have time now? And you only made me a stir fry eggs with tomatoes dish?"

Can it beat an Australian lobster? One as big as the two little ones.

Ji Yuxiao: ...This... How can I explain this, my dear wife? Your husband only knows how to make three dishes. Out of them, stir fry eggs and tomatoes is the best.

Ji Yuxiao fell into silence and decided to let this matter be buried in his heart.

The sauce and stir fry eggs and tomatoes were done. That meant they were now able to cook the noodles.

When Ji Leyu heard that, he immediately called out enthusiastically, "I'll go grab the water!"

Afterwards, he rushed over and grabbed the pot.

Lin Luoqing worried that after he filled it with water, Ji Leyu wouldn't be able to carry it. He took over the pot in Ji Leyu's hands and gave him a pail instead. "Fill it in here and then dump it into the pot."

Ji Leyu hurriedly nodded his head. He filled the pail half-full and stepped on a tiny stool to pool to water in the pot. After he asked, Lin Luoqing, "More?"

"Just a bit more."

Ji Leyu went and carried another half pail of water and Lin Luoqing turned on the stove. 

Lin Fei waited for a while. When he saw bubbles, big and small, begin to emerge, he turned his head to look at Lin Luoqing, "We can cook the noodles now."

"En," Lin Luoqing patted his head.

Lin Fei hopped down the stool and grabbed some of the noodles. He then carefully placed them into the water.

Lin Luoqing estimated the serving size for the four of them and called out to Lin Fei, "That should be enough."

Lin Fei didn't grab any more noodles. Instead, he took a chopstick to stir the noodles in the pot as he waited for them to be done. 

Ji Leyu saw that Lin Fei didn't do anything else. He asked, "Done?"

"En," Lin Fei nodded his head.

Ji Leyu: ???

"That's too easy!"

Lin Fei: "En."

Ji Leyu felt he had learned how to cook noodles to! No, it was more like he was born knowing how to! Who didn't know how to put the noodles in the pot?

"I can also cook noodles!"

"Then you are also very impressive," Lin Luoqing stood behind the two of them and said while watching them.

Ji Leyu felt proud. He stepped onto the stool and watched the noodles cook. 

When Lin Luoqing saw it was about done, he fished out his serving and tasted it. After he had Ji Leyu and Lin Fei also give them a try. After ensuring the two of them felt it was good and soft, only then did Lin Luoqing fish the rest of the noodles out. 

He then placed out the noodles, side dishes, and green onions. Lin Fei and Ji Leyu were still young. They couldn't eat anything too spicy so Lin Luoqing only placed a little bit of spice in their noodles to enhance the taste. He then poured some oil, heat it up, and spilled it on the noodles.

Ji Leyu heard the sizzling and stood on his tiptoes to watch.

Lin Fei saw his curiosity and leaned in to whisper to him, "You can't play with oil either. In addition to water, fire, and sharp objects."