Chapter 107: Apologies. Turn Of The Tide

In the end, Wu Xinyuan did not dare to allow Lin Luoqing see Chen Liwei by himself. He and Lin Luoqing waited in the office for quite a while before Chen Liwei returned. Only afterwards was he able to take Lin Luoqing to see this man.

When Chen Liwei saw him, he immediately seemed impatient, "What are you doing here? Don't tell me it's for that Shi Zheng."

Wu Xinyuan felt helpless, "General Manager Chen, didn't we already agree on signing Shi Zheng beforehand?"

"That's before. It's different now. That's the end of that matter. You can leave now. I still have other matters to handle."

Lin Luoqing saw his unwillingness to discuss the matter and took a more straightforward approach, "General Manager Chen, is it because of Pan Xiangjie?"

With his words, Chen Liwei's gaze immediately fell on him. He contemplated for a moment before asking, "Lin Luoqing?"

Lin Luoqing nodded his head, "That is me, General Manager Chen. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"En," Chen Liwei responded indifferently.

He still had some impressions with this Lin Luoqing. When Wu Xinyuan wanted to sign him, he had showed him Lin Luoqing's picture. The young man was handsome and seemed like the type young girls would like. As such, he had a more prolonged impression. 

"Not just anyone can sign. Let's take you, for example. You have a passable appearance and is young. You have the potential to make quite some money for the company. That's why I didn't have any objections when Wu Xinyuan wanted to sign you. In contrast, this Shi Zheng is clearly not someone young girls would have a preference for. He's also older than you. I don't think it's necessary. However, since Xiao Wu ahs already signed him, I can't do anything about it. We can only resort to cold-benching him and cut the losses there, do you understand?"

"But you had already agreed before, wasn't that?" Lin Luoqing asked him, "Besides, actors aren't all about the appearance. It's more about skills than anything else. Shi Zheng's skills are exemplary. I think you can reconsider and try to understand him a bit more."

"There's no need for that," Chen Liwei waved him away, "If his skills really are that good, he'd long since been famous by now. How could he still be nothing more than a supporting role even after five years have passed?"

"Although that is true, you should also know better than anyone else that to make it in this circle, it takes more than just skills. It also need luck and opportunity. For him to remain inconspicuous after so many years, it's also because..."

"Alright, alright," Chen Liwei interrupted him and said, "How can you understand this circle better than me? Lin Luoqing, you're an artist. Just act well. As for other matters, butt out of it. You're neither a manager nor a shareholder and still want to interfere with how the company deals with other artists? Don't you think you care too much? Don't forget that the company has also helped pay your liquidated damages from severing from your former company. You still haven't paid that off yet!"

Lin Luoqing: ...

Lin Luoqing looked at him, "So General Manager Chen has made up your mind to cold-bench Shi Zheng? Because of Pan Xiangjie? Because you don't like him?"

"Why do you keep bringing up Xiao Jie?" Chen Liwei said with dissatisfaction, "Based on seniority, Xiao Jie is your senior. You're all under the same company. Rather, you should be addressing him as upperclassmen. For you to undermine him like this, do you think that's appropriate?"

After, he then said to Wu Xinyuan, "Just exactly how are you training and raising your artists? So impolite. With him like this, what if he says something he's not supposed to out there and embarrass Xingyi?"