Chapter 82: "En, I'm Very Happy."

Only then did He Ni react. She rushed forward to pull Zhang Xiaosong out of the way,

Chilling water had drenched her from head to toe. Mixed with the autumn wind, He Ni could not help but tremble and shiver for the cold.

She looked at Ji Leyu. Her hair had become plastered, with each strand prominent and wet, wiping away her usual demeanor that reeked wealth and arrogance. Rather, she now looked like a chicken who had lost its feathers.

Ji Leyu adopted a look of nearing tears, as though he had been frightened, looking both pitiful and agrrieved.

"I...I didn't do it on purpose," he said timidly.

Zhang xiaosong lifted his wet sleeves and pointed a finger at Ji Leyu, "You definitely did it on purpose! Apologize to me!"

Ji Leyu immediately became more aggrieved, "I didn't."

Zhang Qing looked at him and only felt Ji Leyu did appear to have done it deliberately.

Such a young child, and he also looked like a well-behaved child. He was originally came out just to play with the hose. Then they suddenly came out and he must not have noticed them. He should have turned around to take a look and with that sprayed his wife and child. Clearly, he was frightened and forgot to let go, as such the hose just continued spraying Zhang Xiaosong.

"It's alright. It's alright," Zhang Qing peered at his own wife and child, "He didn't do it deliberately. Forget about it."

Moreover, this was Ji Yuxiao's child.

He Ni didn't say anything and just stared at Ji Leyu. Ji Leyu still had an innocent expression.

He Ni only the grievances in her heart accumulate and pool out. She had came here from so far away to give a child an apology. The other party couldn't even bother to see her. Even though her son and she had stood outside the door for an entire afternoon, Lin Fei was nowhere in sight.

Ji Yuxiao humiliated her and Lin Fei refused to see her. Now Ji Yuxiao's son and Lin Fei's brother had sprayed her with a water hose.

But what can she say?

Regardless of whether the child did it on purpose, even if he had done it deliberately, what can she say? 

Did she dare to say anything?

She could only knock on her own teeth and swallow it down, unable to say anything at all!

He Ni started crying and turned around. She pulled on Zhang Xiaosong's hand and led him out the gates.

She listened to her own son's cries. He kept saying "Cold," and tears pooled down continuously.

All the way until they reached the car, He Ni didn't slow down her steps at all. She covered her face and sat in the car to weep painfully. It just so happened that Zhang Xiaosong had to insist at her side, "I want to change clothes. These clothes are all wet. Mom, I'm cold. I want to change!"

He Ni could only help him take off his coat and with the reach of her hands, she realized her own sleeves were also dripping water. The pitter patter of the water droplets seemed to be drenching down her own heart, consistently reminding her of how miserable a state she was in, and He Ni began to cry even harder. 

Auntie Zhang pushed open the door and was greeted by the sight of He NI and Zhang Xiaosong scurrying away.

She glanced at them, confused, and then looked at Ji Leyu, who was standing in front of the flowerbeds. She walked over and inquired, "What's wrong with them? What were they screaming about?"