Chapter 62: He Can Give Him A Gift

Ji Yuxiao didn't expect Lin Fei to be confused over this matter. "Did your Uncle not tell you before he left?"

It shouldn't be. Lin Luoqing was very detailed and careful. How was it possible that he would not tell Lin Fei.

Lin Fei remembered that Lin Luoqing had indeed gave him the notice. He had said that he would be leaving home for a long time. They would not be able to see each other for a long time. It was just that Lin Fei had always mistakenly believed that "for a long time" simply denoted from morning to the afternoon. At most, it would only be half a day. It would be just like him attending school. He didn't put much of it to mind.

He felt he had understood the concept of work quite well. When his Mother worked, it was like that. Why was it different with Lin Luoqing?

"He needs ten days to half a month before coming back home?" Lin Fei asked Ji Yuxiao.

Ji Yuxiao gave it some thought, "If everything goes efficiently."

"And if it doesn't?"

Ji Yuxiao: ...

Ji Yuxiao stared at Lin Fei's eyes which desired for a compromise. He said sincerely, "Then it might take three months, give or take."

Lin Fei: !!!

Lin Fei felt he simply couldn't believe it!

Three months?! Longer than summer break?

When Lin Luoqing had to work, it would actually take this long?

No wonder he didn't want to work.

Just as surprised as Lin Fei was Ji Leyu who sat on the side and was getting ready to add a slice of eggplant in his bowl.

"Three months?!" Ji Leyu's hands trembled and the eggplant he had just clipped fell.

"Why is it such a long time? When Mom went out for performances, it was only a month."

Originally, Ji Leyu was calmer than Lin Fei, which was a rare occurrence. It was simply because Cheng Wei was a professional dancer and there were times when she had to travel abroad for performances and would leave him for around ten days to half a month.

When Ji Leyu heard Ji Yuxiao say it would take around that long, he had only felt it was alright, not too long. He had experienced his parent being gone for that long for work already before.

But now Ji Yuxiao was telling him up to around three months. Ji Leyu immediately felt lost. Whatever former "experience" couldn't even be mentioned as Ji Leyu also started to feel depressed.

Three months!

His Uncle would actually be home alone for three whole months!

When his Mother was gone for work for ten days to half a month, his Dad would always miss his Mom. He would hug him and sigh about how his mom still wasn't home yet. Now that Lin Luoqing would be gone for three months, how was his Uncle supposed to handle it?!

"Why does Dad's work take three months?" Ji Leyu didn't understand, "Can't three days do?"

Ji Yuxiao: ....

Ji Yuxiao gave it some thought before explaining, "Your Dad is an actor. That means he has to act out a character from shows and movies. The ones you watch require such actors. When you watch TV, don't you sometimes think it lasts a long time? If it takes three days to film an episode, then to film 20 episodes, it would require 90 days. Wouldn't that take three months?"

"If the shows have to keep playing for you to watch, the actors also can't rest and needs to keep acting. He can't just act a few days and come home, right?"