Chapter 1: Should I Let You check the Goods?

Lin Luoqing glanced at the person in front of him as his body entered fight or flight mode. His back was beaded with cold sweat that drenched his clothes but he still was too frightened to say a single word. With fear in his heart, he could only look cautiously at the man in front of him. 

This person was a very handsome man with slightly long hair,  barely grazing his shoulders. He waved his hand and the fire from the lighter flickered and disappeared with his movements. Then, he raised his hand and took a breath from his cigarette, his beautiful phoenix eyes narrowing slightly as a small touched his lips. 

His tone was melodious and his voice was light and gentle and yet, there was also a hint of coldness. 

"How did Mr. Lin fall into such a point?" 

If was as if he did not understand as his eyes feigned innocence, "When Mr. Lin humiliated my uncle at that time,  I remember Mr. Lin was filled with confidence and arrogant words. What was it that you said at that time again?"

Ji Leyu's slender fingers tapped gently on the cigarette, and the gray white soot fell to the ground. He then nodded, as though suddenly remembering, "You said, my uncle was a toad lusting after swan's meat - aspiring for something one was not worth. After all, how can a crippled trash deserve someone such as you? Could he not just take a piss and take a look at his dog self. Oh, and also, you would rather marry a dog than marry him."

He gently blinked his eyes, his long lashes dips down and covers the insidiousness within his gaze like a fog while his tone never lost its gentle manner, "Since Mr. Lin has such as desire, then I should fulfill it and allow you to marry a dog." 

Lin Luoqing raised his head in shock and stared at the man in disbelief. He could not stop himself from shaking his head and asking for forgiveness. 

However, Ji Leyu already could not bother with him as he leaned against his chair and took another breath from his cigarette and breathed out a wisp of smoky air. 

His expression was light but no one could decipher his emotions, whether he contained joy or anger from his actions and words, as he gazed at Lin Luoqing while saying, "Ah Hui, go and find him a dog."

Ah Hui respectfully replied, "Yes."

"Wait," just before Ah Hui could step out the door, Ji Leyu called him to a stop. 

"Lin Luoqing's eyes filled with hope, eager for him to change his mind and let himself go. But instead, he could only hear Ji Leyu state calmly, "Why don't you go find a few more. After all, it is marriage. We should allow Mr. Lin some more choices to choose from."

After saying so, he looked at Lin Luoqing. His tone gentle but surreptitious, "Mr. Lin should be very happy with my arrangement, right? As such, it could be said as a fulfilling your wish and I can finally rest assured." 

Lin Luoqing shook his head as though his life depended on it and desperately begged for forgiveness. Yet Ji Leyu could not even bother to spare him a glance and only continued to smoke indifferently. 

Just as he finished smoking the cigarette, he saw Ah Hui leading back a few stray dogs and only then did he finally look at the stray dogs covered in dirty fur with intrigue. 

"This is Mr. Lin's marriage. Ah Hui, we cannot be hasty. Help me inform Mr. Lin's friends and family and inquire if they have the time to spare to attend the wedding. If not, we can livestream it for them."

As Lin Luoqing heard these words, his face immediately contorted in defeat as he knelt before Ji Leyu, continuously begging him and saying he was wrong. At that time, he should not have humiliated Ji Yuxiao like that.