Chapter 38: The Truth

Two and a half hours before, all of the Ji Family adults had gone to the third floor to hold the meeting. They had left a bunch of children and Ji Zhong on the first floor to play.

Ji Zhong was addicted to his games and could not extract himself. From the moment he sat down on the couch, he had started immersing himself in his games.

As far as the task of looking after the children goes, Ji Zhong did not think that anything would happen in the Manor and as such, did not put it to mind.

Lin Luoqing had been worried that Lin Fei would be bored at the Ji Manor. As such, he had deliberately put together and organized a small backpack for him. Inside the backpack, he had put the iPad he bought Lin Fei and some snacks.

"When you eat, make sure to share some with Xiao Yu," Lin Luoqing taught him.

Lin Fei nodded his head, "I got it."

So at this time, Lin Fei had took out his iPad, and very naturally, asked Ji Leyu if he wanted to watch videos.

He watched the "Animal World" he never finished watching. The week's episode they were watching were over cheetahs.

Ji Leyu glanced at the animal with spots covering its lithe body. He then remembered that Ji Yuxiao had instructed him to take care of Lin Fei since it was Lin Fei's first time there. It would be best if he could be with Lin Fei the entire time. As such, Ji Leyu did not refuse, and took the earbud Lin Fei offered to watch the episode with Lin Fei.

When they were halfway through, Lin Fei suddenly wanted to use the restroom. He paused the video and inquired Ji Leyu, "Is there a bathroom nearby?"

Ji Leyu raised his hand and pointed in a direction, "Head straight and you'll be there at a turn."

"I can take you," he said sweetly.

"No need," Lin Fei gave him the iPad, "Look after the bag and iPad for me. Thank you."

After he said that, he added, "There's snacks in the bag you can eat if you want."

Ji Leyu had only offered politely. As Lin Fei said there was no need, he was naturally happy. He nodded his head and had Lin Fei go by himself.

He sat at the sofa by himself and was bored. He thought of what Lin Fei had said and took a bag of chips out from the bag to snack on leisurely.

As he was eating, Ji Zhencai's granddaughter Zhao Zhu had ran over and inquired, "Do you want to play hide-and-go-seek with us?"

Ji Leyu had replied coldly, "No."

His gaze was consistently in the direction of the third floor. If he could, he wanted to go to the third floor to listen in on what the adults were discussing.

He wanted to know about anything that concerned Ji Yuxiao. However Lin Fei would definitely not be the type to eavesdrop, and if he happened to come across Ji Leyu eavesdropping on his way back from the bathroom and told Lin Luoqing, it would not be good.

Ji Leyu was not stupid. Of course he knew that eavesdropping was not a good conduct-- anything that had the character "sneakily" in it was not good. *eavesdrop in Chinese is comprised of two characters that means sneakily listening literally.*

"Let's play together," Zhao Zhu tried to persuade him. "Hide-and-go-seek is more fun with more people. You come and play with us, Xiao Yu Ge Ge."

Ji Leyu ate his chips, his attitude firm, "No."

As he said that, Zhao Zhu's mouth flattened, seemingly disappointed. 

The adults weren't present, and neither was Lin Fei. Ji Leyu was too lazy to portray the well-behaved persona he always had on. he did not bother with her, and simply acted as though he did not see her.