Chapter 133: Father Ji's Provocation

Ji Yuxiao was not in any hurry to return to his own room. Instead, he first paid a visit to his brother's room.

Ji Yuling's room had been cleaned up very nicely. It didn't appear any different than before when he was still alive.

Ji Yuxiao wheeled himself forward and passed by the table, the bedside cabinet, and the closet. The past and memories surfaced in his mind vividly. He didn't even need to close his eyes and could recall how the two of them had quarreled and talked with each other in this very room. Ji Yuling couldn't do anything with him. He could only suffer from a headache as he helplessly indulged in Ji Yuxiao whims.

He picked up the picture on the desk. It was a picture a bit after Ji Leyu's birth and had all of them in it.

The man in the picture was handsome and valiant and the women was beautiful. Ji Leyu was still very small at that time but was carried by his sister-in-law and neither cried nor threw a fit. He only stared at the camera with his wide, curious eyes.

At that time, they were all filled with happiness. But now, everything had gone up in smokes.

Lin Luoqing stayed beside him and watched him silently.

The night was very silent but Ji Yuxiao only sensed loneliness from the silent evening.

Clearly it was Chinese New Years but there wasn't the least festivity and jolliness. Why wasn't there anyone setting off fireworks? Not even the sound of firecrackers could be heard.

What he had last year was all gone this year.

He sighed and placed the picture back on the desk. He looked around the room he was once so familiar with and was reluctant to let go.

Ji Leyu took Lin Fei into his room and introduced to him, "This is my room."

Lin Fei peered around before responding expressionlessly, "Oh."

In actuality, Ji Leyu wasn't very happy. He missed his parents. Every year, they had always spent the New Years together. Every time he returned here, his mom and dad would also return back here with him. 

"My mom and dad's room are right next to mine," he said softly.

Lin Fei turned around to look at him and raised a hand to pat his head.

Ji Leyu's voice was low as he said, "But this year, we won't be able to pass the year together."

Lin Luoqing once again patted his head, as though attempting to comfort him. 

Ji Leyu then fell silent. After a long time, he then plunged into Lin Fei's arms, "Hug."

Lin Fei then hugged him. He hoped that his mom as well as Ji Leyu's mom and dad were all living well on the other side. 

As he was hugging Ji Leyu, he suddenly heard footsteps. They didn't belong to Lin Luoqing and Lin Fei immediately released Ji Leyu and drew near the door vigilantly.

It was Father Ji. When he saw Lin Fei together with Ji Leyu in the room, a momentary shock was revealed across his expression, but it didn't last long.

"Xiao YU, come take a look at what Grandpa has in his hands," he held out a chocolate cake, "You love this the most, right?"

After, he walked up to Ji Leyu.

Ji Leyu indeed loved sweets. Now that a cake was placed before him, he also felt inclined and tempted to eat it. "Thank you, Grandpa."

"You're welcome," Father Ji said with a smile.

"Grandpa also prepared other delicious snacks and food for you. Come along to Grandpa's room with Grandpa."