Chapter 106: Fake Lady Boss Meets Bona Fide Lady Boss

The next day at noon, Wu Xinyuan came just as Lin Luoqing finished lunch.

Lin Luoqing gave Ji Yuxiao a notice before leaving with Wu Xinyuan to pick up Shi Zheng.

Shi Zheng had been waiting for them for quite a while. When he received Wu Xinyuan's call, he headed down the stairs and toward Wu Xinyuan's car.

Lin Luoqing rolled down the windows to wave at him, "Good afternoon, Zheng Ge."

Shi Zheng was surprised, "How are you here?"

"I'm heading over to the company to take a look around," Lin Luoqing said, "I haven't been to the company much before."

He had always signed what he needed at home. Afterwards, he had accepted a film. It could be considered the first time he would be taking the time to stroll around at his family's property. 

When Shi Zheng heard him, he didn't think much. Shi Zheng nodded his head and sat in.

Wu Xinyuan had already notified the general manager Chen Liwei. As a manager, he had the right to sign artists. In addition, Shi Zheng's image was not bad. He had paid for the liquidated damage incurred from the contract brokerage himself, which meant the company did not have to spend anything additional on him. As such, Chen Liwei didn't have any objections. He simply took a brief glance over the protocols before agreeing to it readily.

The drive lasted around 40 minutes. They pulled into the parking lot of Xingyi shortly afterwards.

Lin Luoqing, Wu Xinyuan, and Shi Zheng all got out and headed toward the elevator in the underground parking lot.

They headed inside. However, the elevator stopped at the first floor to allow others to come in.

The man who came in had an arrogant temperament. His bangs were long and hung over his eyebrows. When he raised his head and saw them, he seemed surprised, "Shi Zheng?"

Shi Zheng peered at him and was perplexed. This was...?

Despite his doubts, he didn't outright admit his lack of recognition. Instead, he attempted to recall a sense of familiarity as he greeted back, "How are you?"

The other party gave a scoffing laugh, "How am I? Pretty good. But what are you doing here?"

Afterwards, he looked at Wu Xinyuan and asked, "Wu Ge? You brought him here?"

Wu Xinyuan truly did not expect to see this little monster here. He gave a slight nod of his head as way of responding.

"Why would you call him here for no good reason? What? It can't be that the two of you have some sort of relationship I'm unaware of?"

Wu Xinyuan scowled, "Quit talking nonsense. This is my new artist."

When the other party heard him, a scoff broke out, 'You signed him? Did water get into your brain? Why would you sign this nobody? Don't tell me you think Xingyi's making too much money and we have nowhere good to spend it?"

He turned his head to look at Shi Zheng, with the appearance and bearing of the lady boss, "i say just forget about it. Even if you sign him, all you're doing is losing Xingyi's face. Throw him back where you found him."

Shi Zheng examined him and from the man's arrogant expression, recalled who this person was. 

Pan Xiangjie was another artist he had met when filming two years ago.

Honestly speaking, Shi Zheng had long since forgotten about him. After all, he didn't think much of the matter. It was nothing more than Pan Xiangjie bullying another female artist at that time. He could bear it and helped the other party out of the kindness of his heart. He didn't expect Pan Xiangjie to hold a grudge over the matter and drag him into the mess through spreading rumors that implied ShiZ heng had some sort of unspeakable relationship with the female artist.