Chapter 36: President Ji Protecting His Cub, and Luo Qing Protecting His Husband

"Do you not believe Xiao Yu?" he demanded.

"Of course not," Father Ji explained. "Isn't it that Xiao Zhong is here? He was responsible for looking after the children. He definitely understands the situation."

Ji Yuxiao laughed coldly, his tone filled with sarcasm and contempt, "Understood what situation? Understand that Xiao Yu pushed Ji Xin?"

He had a hard time understanding, "This is your biological grandson, your grandson whom you watched grow up. What kind of person he is, do you not know best?! What kind of person Ji Xin is, what kind of person Xiao Yu is, and now you're doubting Xiao Yu? How could you even dare?!"

Father Ji was moved momentarily, but very soon, he thought of something, and was insistent, "I'm not saying Xiao Yu is not good. It's not that I'm doubting he's lying. But since you trust him, why don't we just listen to what Xiao Zhong has to say?"

Ji Yuxiao laughed fiercely, "Why do I have to listen to what he says? I trust my own child. I know he would never do that sort of thing. Why do I have to ask others about it?!"

He looked at his own father, and suddenly, he felt as though this man was very unfamiliar. 

Why would he doubt Xiao Yu?

If he didn't trust Xiao Yu, did he also not trust his brother? 

With his brother's character, was he the kind of person to raise a child who would push other children into the water?

Why does he still want to question Ji Zhong?

But after a moment of thought, Ji Yuxiao suddenly understood. 

He probably wasn't suspicious of Ji Leyu. He only needed an excuse to take Ji Leyu from his side. 

As such, whether Ji Leyu would grow upset because of Father Ji's doubt, whether Ji Leyu would grow  disappointed with this family, that was never something Father Ji ever considered.

The matter with Ji Xin was only an unexpected accident, but it also just so happened to be an opportunity to allow him to achieve his purpose. 

As long as Ji Zhong said that Ji Leyu was the one who push Ji Xin, then his father could use the excuse of him not disciplining Ji Leyu well to say he was not qualified to raise Ji Leyu.

When that happens, he could fight over Ji Leyu's custody with him. Then using Ji Leyu's title, have him give his brother's share of stocks to him. 

Not only him. Ji Mu most likely had the same ideas as well.

Ji Yuxiao felt it was hilarious. Simply too funny.

Ji Leyu was a live and breathing person standing right there, yet no one treated him like a person. Don't even bother mentioning that he was still a young child who had just lost both his parents.

They only see the wealth behind him, and fantasized that wealth belonging to them instead. 

Ji Yuxiao had never been like how he was now. He felt his brother was smart. 

He had wrote a will as early on as one year after Ji Leyu was born. However, unexpectedly, he did not leave his inheritance to his beloved wife and son, but Ji Yuxiao. Everything. All that Ji Yuling had accumulated for his entire life was entirely given to him.

Ji Leyu did not do anything wrong. But once those inheritances were left to Ji Leyu, he would be reduced to a puppet of the wealth the inheritance symbolized. He would never be happy.

Everyone would covet the wealth and inheritance behind him, but Ji Leyu would still be that defenseless, young five year old.

"Ji Zhong," Ji Yuxiao said coldly, "Don't say anything. Since everyone all say that they believe it, then there's nothing to say. Unless..."