Chapter 136: Nephew-Uncle Tacit Understanding

Lin Fei nodded his head. He then headed up to Ji Yuxiao and said in his calm, indifferent tone, "Its mom didn't like it and even tried to chase it away. Afterwards, the ugly duckling really did leave."

He continued, "Not every mom and dad will like their own children. Those who don't won't treat their children nicely."

"It wasn't because the ugly duckling wasn't good enough. Its mom and dad were the ones who weren't good enough. In the end, it became a swan and was even more beautiful than any of the other ducklings."

After Ji Yuxiao heard him, he patted his head, "En."

Lin Fei wasn't sure whether Ji Yuxiao understood him or not but also didn't dare to say too much. He could only repeat, "Not every mom and dad are moms and dads who like their own children. Some of them don't like their own children."

Ji Yuxiao thought Lin Fei had only read a tale and was speaking his thoughts. He hugged onto Lin Fei and said to him, "But a good majority of parents like their children."

Lin Fei: ...

"Are your parents like that?" he asked tentatively.

When Lin Fei asked the question at that moment, Ji Yuxiao immediately thought of his own father. But how was it possible for him to deny anything in front of Lin Fei? Ji Yuxiao thought his father didn't love him, didn't love his brother, and perhaps didn't even love their mother. He only loves himself.

But Ji Yuxiao could only say, "En." 

Lin Fei: ....

Lin Fei felt a headache coming.

How could he still think his father likes him?

"Then do you like your mom and dad?"

Ji Yuxiao laughed, a little sad and a little helpless.

"Yes," he said. 

He would never be able to say no in front of his children Lin Fei and Ji Leyu. They were still too young. Their world was still beautiful and innocent. Ji Yuxiao couldn't bear to tear it down. 

Regardless of whether he liked or not, his answer could only always be "Like."

Lin Fei: ...

Lin Fei felt his mentality collapsing.

He sat on Ji Yuxiao's lap, but didn't know how to talk to him. How could he let his Uncle Ji know that his father doesn't like him?

When he knows, he'd probably be very sad right?

Lin Fei thought and thought. In the end, he still couldn't bear to tell Ji Yuxiao the truth and chose to silently return to his own room.

He drummed his cheek and decided to somehow allude and tell Ji Yuxiao in the future instead. 

After all, he had already spoke too much this time.

When Lin Luoqing returned home, he heard Ji Yuxiao say that Lin Fei had come to find him today. He wanted to borrow "Hans Christian Anderson's Fairy Tales for Children," but Ji Yuxiao didn't have a copy, so he placed an order for one. 

Lin Luoqing felt this was strange, "I bought him that book already. Why did he come to ask to borrow yours?"

"He said he couldn't find it," Ji Yuxiao didn't think much of the matter, "He must have misplaced it somewhere. It's alright. It's not expensive anyways. I went ahead and placed an order for a set of hardcover editions. They have illustrations in them too."

Lin Luoqing: ...

Lin Luoqing felt it can't be that simple. Lin Fei was a very methodical child, especially in regard to his books. Even when they moved, the child didn't forget to bring his books. How was it possible that Lin Fei would have lost his copy?