Chapter 63: Director Is Stunned, President Ji Faces Insomnia

The conference room was massive. Besides the director, actors and actresses, writers and editors, managers and assistants could all fit in the room.

Wu Xinyuan found a seat to sit down. He peered around at the people around him. The director, screenwriter, second male and female lead, as well as the third female lead were all present. 

Li Hanhai and Yao Momo, the male and female lead were both still absent. Some alerts were made, and they still hadn't arrived. Everyone waited for a while before they came one after the other. Thy politely apologized to the grew.

"No worries," the director smiled, "Come sit. Have you ate? If not, take a bite first."

Li Hanhai hurriedly said, "I've already ate on the plane.

Yao Momo smiled and said, "I'm on a diet and don't eat in the evenings. Only this way could I look more photogenic."

The director naturally responded with another set of courteous responses.

Lin Luoqing peered around and found that Ma Bozhong was also not present. Then again, Ma Bozhong was a veteran. This acting skills had been honed to the peak, and he wasn't someone like them who needed to practice and familiarize themselves with the script together. It was most likely that they had already fell asleep.

"Since everyone is here, then let's start," the director flipped open the script and said, "Let's start with the fifth act. It's a more dramatic act and would allow everyone to better understand each character. Hanhai, why don't you start first."

Li Hanhai did not expect that they were not starting from the first act. He had actually spent the time to memorize the first four acts just to leave a good impression on the director. Who would've expected that from the very start, they would start with the fifth act.

Ji Hanhai felt helpless and could only open the script book and start to read off the lines from the script.

His appearance was upstanding and his popularity was also good. It was just that the lines did not help much.

It was as though he was unable to grasp onto the emotions the character was attempting to portray. He did not stress his accents when it was supposed to be stressed, could not be angry when he was supposed to be angry. Although it was not as bad as simply reading the script, it was as though everyone was hearing the script being read from a machine.

The director couldn't help but knock on the table and remind him, "Hanhai, pay attention to your lines. Don't be so stiff and let loose a bit."

Li Hanhai nodded his head, and although his volume grew a bit louder, his emotions still weren't able to keep up.

The director reminded him again. He then saw that Li Hanhai's expression revealed some degree of impatience and the director didn't say anything anymore.

In the end, it was possible to dub the voices and lines. These the director knew, which was also why he didn't place much stress on this.

If they weren't able to cry, they could use eye drops to stimulate tears, much less the lines? There were professional voice actors who would be able to dub lines. As such, it was inevitable that some young directors grew accustomed to it and didn't bother stressing this aspect of the film. They didn't want to waste extra energy on aspects that could be remedied elsewise.

The director had seen much and was also used to it. 

In addition, in front of so many people, it was alright if he just raised the point once or twice. However, if he continuously stressed the issue with Li Hanhai, it would make Li Hanhai look bad and in turn, Li Hanhai may hold a grudge.