Chapter 49: Kiss Me

"They must have been whispering," Ji Leyu affirmed.

"En," Lin Fei said calmly.

You still have the face to "En?"

Ji Leyu pouted his little lips angrily, "And you wouldn't let me listen."

He stared at the door not far away and felt it was a pity. Just that much distance. So close yet so far!

And this time the two adults were the ones who took the initiative to talk directly behind the door!

He wasn't the one who eavesdropped!

Lin Fei stared at the little duckling who had his lips puckered in a pout and was amused. He pinched it with a grin and just as Ji Leyu's eyes widened in anger, he hurriedly patted Ji Leyu's head and said, "Good boy~"

"Humph!" Ji Leyu grouched, unsatisfied.

Lin Fei skillfully pulled him into an embrace and smoothed Ji Leyu's hair, "Good boy~"

--Clearly, he was now very skilled in coaxing Ji Leyu.

Ji Leyu agreed Ji Yuxiao to change his way of addressing Lin Luoqing. The latter half of the day, with his every cry of "dad," Lin Luoqing's heart was threatening to melt. During dinner, Lin Luoqing had purposefully continuously put some sweet and our tenderloin that Ji Leyu liked into his bowl.

After he put the tenderloin in Ji Leyu's bowl, his gaze rested on Lin Fei and only then did the joy in his heart slightly ease. 

Sensitively, he then realized that Ji Leyu had started calling him "dad," but he originally continuously called Ji Leyu "dad." Then adding on himself, the three of them now truly resembled a family in the traditional sense. 

But Lin Fei... Lin Fei was only is nephew, a relative, and not a direct family member.

Would he feel excluded?

Uncomfortable?

Would he feel like he was only a temporary guest here?

The more Lin Luoqing thought about it, the more Lin Luoqing felt perhaps it might've been better if Ji Leyu hadn't changed his way of addressing Lin Luoqing so swiftly.

However, Ji Leyu had already changed his address. If he were to tell him to go back to calling him Uncle Lin, would JI Leyu feel like Lin Luoqing didn't actually want to be his dad?

In addition, this was Ji Yuxiao's good intention. Ji Yuxiao had only raised the issue of having Ji Leyu change how to address Lin Luoqing because he was thinking about Lin Luoqing. If he were to refuse this good intention now, it sure would fail to live up to Ji Yuxiao's kindness. 

As Lin Luoqing thought of this, he silently clipped some sweet and sour tenderloin and placed it in Lin Fei's bowl.

Lin Fei had already learned to not be so polite and continuously say "thank you," to him for small matters like these. Rather, he silently ate and behaved very elegantly.

Lin Luoqing stared at him and another thought slowly surfaced in his head. 

Since Ji Leyu's change of address has already became a foregone conclusion, he has no way of changing Ji Leyu's way of address back to Uncle Lin. Then, could he also change the way Lin Fei would address him?

He could be like Ji Yuxiao, and adopt Lin Fei. Then wouldn't Lin Fei also be able to call him and Ji Yuxiao "dad?" He would be just like Ji Leyu.

Then they would truly be like a family of four.

Lin Fei finished eating the sweet and sour tenderloin in his bowl and vaguely felt that Lin Luoqing seemed to staring at him. He raised his head, confused, and inquired, "Is there a problem?"