Chapter 16: Ji Leyu

"It should be. He did say that if the rain stops today, he'll bring Lin Fei over today in the afternoon." After he said this, Ji Yuxiao also considerately explained, "Do you still remember Lin Fei? He's the kid from Uncle Lin's family. He's also a little boy. Older than you by one year."

Ji Leyu nodded and smiled, "I know."

Ji Yuxiao also smiled. He lifted his hand to pat Ji Leyu's head and said gently, "When you see Uncle Lin later, be well-behaved, okay?"

"I got it~" Ji Leyu drawled sweetly and winked, "I'm always well-behaved."

"That is true."

Ji Yuxiao says this and then remembered, "If there's anything that makes you unhappy, tell Dad. In the future, if you don't get along well with Uncle Lin, you also need to let Dad know, okay?"

His tone was very gentle and soft and his eyes reflected the care and protectiveness guardians should have. Ji Leyu sees this for some reason he could not understand, Ji Leyu felt discomfortable.

Before, he wasn't like this, Ji Leyu thought. His uncle was never like this to him.

That was what his father was supposed to be like, but it wasn't what Ji Yuxiao was supposed to be like. 

What was he like before?

Ji Leyu racked his brains for quite a while before he remembered the more appropriate description --- like an older brother who was older than him by quite a few years.

He would take him out to play and escape his father's rebuke. He would play soccer with him. They would shoot archery and ride horses at the racecourse together.

Every time his father displayed a helpless expression and say, "Don't spoil him. He still hasn't finished his homework yet," his uncle would always smile handsomely and refute, 'Xiao Yu is so smart. It won't take him more than a few minutes to finish his homework. Besides, it's no big matter."

They would high-five each other behind his father's back and then Ji Yuxiao would buy him the popsicles his father didn't let him eat.

He was like an older brother, someone who would play and make trouble with him. In fact, they would always be ecstatic and find joy in seeing his father's helpless but indulgent smiles.

However, ever since that car accident, he changed.

He changed into someone like his father. He was like his father. He cared for him and took care of him. He was gentle and indulgent.

But Ji Leyu knew that it wasn't him. He, Ji Yuxiao wasn't like this. 

He only took on the responsibility of his father and started to be his father.

Ji Leyu didn't know if he was happy like this, but he hoped that Ji Yuxiao could be happier. As such, he did not object to this marriage.

Marriage was a happy occassion. His father once said that it was his happiest moment in life to be able to marry his mother. So if his uncle was going to get married, he should also be very happy. 

"Are you happy?" He inquired Ji Yuxiao with his innocent and beautiful face, "Uncle Lin is moving over. You two are getting married. do you like him? Are you happy?"

Ji Yuxiao laughed, "You care about this at your age?"

"I'm just curious~" Ji Leyu smiled, "Are you happy?"

"Happy," Ji Yuxiao pinched his cheek, "Eat quickly. After you're finished, have the driver send you to school."

"En," Ji Leyu nodded.