Chapter 31: "He Likes You the Most"

Lin Luoqing reached out to pull Lin Fei closer. He held Lin Fei's hand in his palm. Lin Luoqing did not understand, "Why would you say that?"

"Why would you think you are not likable?"

Lin Fei patiently explained to him, "I don't like to talk and don't smile much. I also don't know how to carry on a discussion. Mom said that with my personality, I won't be likable. But Xiao Yu knows how to talk and looks very pretty when he smiles. Everyone likes that kind of kid. That's very normal."

"How is that normal," Lin Luoqing immediately said after Lin Fei finished, "Everyone has very unique personalities and characteristics. Just because someone knows how to talk and smiles often doesn't mean that they are cute, well-behaved, and likable. From my point of view, you are very cute, very well-behaved, and I just so happens to like children like you."

Lin Fei was stunned, "But Mom said..."

"What your Mom said was wrong."

Lin Luoqing could guess Lin Luoxi's meaning and intent in her words. Ever since Lin Luoqing had transmigrated over until now, he had never heard Lin Fei talk about any of his classmates or friends. Lin Fei was a natural loner and was disinterested in many things. He had his own world and lived very quietly but freely.

However, Lin Luoxi most likely hoped that Lin Fei could be like other children, have friends and companions. She hoped that others would like and be kind to him and so she would say those words to him. She had hoped that he could be more outgoing.

However, how would Lin Fei change because of others? He would never change himself just for others. He will only think that he was not likable and as such, not force others to like him as well.

"Everyone will have different preferences and likes. Just like some people like apples while others prefer bananas. You don't have to turn into a banana because there will naturally be people who like apples instead. As such, you only need to be your best self and be happy. As long as you don't leave any regrets for yourself, all is well."

It seemed like Lin Fei did not expect that things could be like that and gazed at Lin Luoqing with a stunned expression.

Lin Luoqing drew near and raised his other hand to caress his cheek, "Xiao Yu is naturally very well-behaved and adorable, but you are also. The way the two of you are well-behaved are different and I prefer the type you are. As such, I am naturally willing to be more biased towards you."

"You are very good. You don't have any problems and your mom's words only expresses her opinions. They don't reflect mine and even more so, cannot reflect everyone else's. Not everything grown-ups say are right. With this matter, she was wrong so you should not think you have a problem. You should just grow up and live the way you want and in a way that makes you happy. Because regardless of what type of person you are, there will be people who like you for who you are."

"Just like how in this world there are apples, bananas, pears, grapes and grapefruits. All of them have different tastes but there will always be people who like them for their own unique tastes. Do you understand now?"

Lin Fei stared at him silently.

After a long while, he lightly nodded his head, "I understand."

"So from now on, don't say things like I should like Xiao Yu more. I already said that I like you the most. Why would you force me to like someone else? The next time someone asks you who your Uncle likes the most, you said say with confidence that he likes you the most. regardless of whether you are the quiet type of child or whether or not you like to smile, he will always like you the most.

Lin Fei's face revealed an uncontrollable joy and although his smile was not obvious, it was light and brief. His smile seemed to have sneaked out without its' owner's notice.