Chapter 126

Nate and I return to the lunchroom and to my relief Amir seems to be chatting with Jacob while completely ignoring Asia and Cas who are sitting silently waiting for my return. "See, I told you everythings fine." Nate says with an almost I told you so like smile, "I guess being a pervert helps you read people huh?" A slight smile forms on my face as all traces of confidence and smugness.

He grumbles as we sit down, "Hey where are the snacks you were getting?" Jacob says crunching into an apple. "Machines broke." Nate says, Jacob sighs before speaking again, "Anyway Amir and I was talking and we thought it would be fun to visit the arcade." Nate glances at him while eating then back to his plate. "Yeah that sounds fun." He says but then they advert there eyes to me,

"Sure I'm free today." Nate and Jacob look astonished while Amir stare at them confused, "Why are you two so dumfounded?" He says looking back to me. "Ignore them there idiots." I say trying to contain my laughter. "Hey!" Jacob and Nate say. After school the four of us part long enough to change into an outfit that's not our school uniform before meeting back up outside the school again.

"Took you three long enough. I say getting up from the sidewalk, "I'm sorry our houses are farther away than yours did we make you wait long?" Jacob say smiles thinking he has one over on me, "No I had just enough time to do what both of you have ever done." I say smiling, "Like what?" Nate says, A smile grows on my face but I remain silent. "Hey, Aden what did you mean?!"

The commotion continues untill we reach the arcade and by then they quiet down as we enter. "Hey im going to use the restroom." I say breaking off from the group, "Okay I'll grab you some tokens." Jacob says, "Thanks." I enter restroom and it almost feels like I entered a totally different continent. "Geez why is it so cold in here."

I sigh with a shiver and a sigh. As I wash my hands an eerie feeling  begins to crawl up my spine. "This feeling..." I walkout of the room and despite my head being lowered my eyes wander from side to side taking note of anyone. "That feeling of dread..." I mutter to myself, "Its something all to familiar. Not a monster, or one of the girls."

I grip at my chest as my it begins to tighten, "It's what I was born from, its as much a part of me as I am of it..." "Aden your eye." Nate says placing his hand on my shoulder. "What?" I place my finger under my eye and to my surprise a cold liquid runs from my eye. "Oh thanks."