Chapter 52

After Adeline and I saved the girl on our trip I get bombarded with questions by the others. "You got shot?!" Mio says looking at the now scabbed over wound. "Now, now its only a scratch." I say tring to calm them down. There arguing soon stops and the day goes on like normal.

At lunch Jacob and Nate admire the scar on my arm. "So a bullet grazed you and you still protected both girls? That's pretty badass Aden." Jacob says taking a bite of the stiff clump of noodles the school calls food, while I eat a peace of steak that Mio had made me. Jacob and Nate look around. "Where are they? Usually there always next to you." Nate says concerned.

"Mio is off taking photos, Rias is in a meeting, Asia is off at a math tournament and I don't know were Lilly went." I say yawning, Lilly burst through the door running as the volleyball couch chases her, "Lilly come back! We need you to practice!" The couch says tring to grab Lilly, "Noooo, I want to go on a date!" She says as the couch grabs her arm.

"Aden! Help meeee." Lilly says clinging to me as the the couch tries to pull her back to the gym. I sigh as I get up, "Coach last I checked you rely on Lilly to win most of your games. So shouldn't your first priority be her happiness?" The coach ignores me. Aden lowers his head, "Stop and let her go." She lets go of Lilly, "Your right Lilly have fun to day." She says as she quickly exits the room. As I sit back down Lilly grabs my arm and sits next me.

"Aden! Where are we going for our date!" She says excited. "I'm fine with whatever you want to do." I say taking  another bite of my food. "Umm, what about a jazz club?" Lilly says. I smile and we agree to meet up after school.

As I enter my house I head up to my room and throw of my school jacket. While also changing into more normal clothes. As I put on a new shirt I look over at the mirror. Scars cover my back. "It's been a long time." I say as I finish dressing and head out to meet Lilly.