Chapter 36

After the incident at lunch I make it through the day by keeping my head down and ignoring everything, but I somehow have the courage to take Liz on a date after school is over. We walk down the sidewalk with Liz holding my arm. "I'm sorry about this morning." She says embarrassed.

We suddenly walk past the fair and I stop, "Is this place alright?" I ask, she smiles and nods as we head in. We walk down the rows of booths and rides. "So what should we do first?" I ask with a smile, Liz points at a carousel, "That would be fun." As we sit down on one of two seater rides it suddenly starts causing me to fall onto Liz, "Sorry." I say, but it turns into us laughing and enjoying the ride.

After our ride we take a try at the mirror maze and while I bump into every possible mirror Liz make it through with ease. Soon after I find her and I at the cotton candy booth. "I love cotton candy!" Liz says as she stuffs her face into it. As she looks up from her web of candy she eyes the haunted house. "Darling! Let's do that!" She says pulling me twords it. I gulp as we enter,  when I was five my sister took me to one and I left in shivers soo, these places freak my out.

But as we are walking through it I find it rather peaceful. A man dressed as a ghost jumps out and Liz jumps into my arms shivering, "Are you really scared?" I ask confused, "Liz is a ghoul, why would she be scare at to two cent haunted house?" I think, "T-These places really creep me out." She says as she scoots closer. "But if your here I feel safe." Her face turns red and she looks away.

I laugh to myself as I put my arm around her and pull her closer, "Well then I'll just have to keep you safe." I say with a smile, a clown suddenly jumps out and we both scream at the top of our lungs. We soon find ourselves looking up at the ferris wheel, and as the sun sets we reach the top, "Hey, thanks for taking me out to day." Liz say meekly. "Well why wouldn't I, your my girlfriend to Liz." I say looking out over the town.

She laughs, "You know the only reason I'm with you is because I forced you into this, but still I don't regret it." She leans over to my side of the booth and kisses my cheek, "That's because your a great boyfriend Aden." I sit there at a loss of words then smile. "I'm glad your happy Liz." I say as we begin to exit the ride. As the fair closes Liz and I walk down the street. "So are you going to introduce me two?" Liz asks, "Do I have a choice?" I say with a laugh, but I fall silent as she says, "No, you don't."