chapter 3

(Later in the library after school)

"You're here so lets get started." the Princess says in her normal tone. She is sitting in the library at the middle table with a stack of books in front of her, because of the books I can't see her expression, and her voice gives away nothing.

"Ok" I say while I sit down on the other side of the table across from her. When I set down my bag on the floor, I'm able to catch a glimpse of her face. She looks like she just won the lottery with how big the smile is on her face. Ignoring the thoughts that come crashing through my head, I turn to the assignment.

"Lets take a brake." The Princess says about an hour into the assignment even though we are almost done.

"Ok Princess." I say as I close the book I was reading after marking the page.

"Please stop calling me that." She says with a look of sadness, her voice matching.

"Why I thought you liked it when people treated you like royalty, Princess?" I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm by the time I finish. Which I immediately regret because a couple of seconds after the words leave my mouth her face changes from a look of despair into anger in a matter of seconds.

"It's not my fault those idiots like to put people above them so they have a reason to be stupid jackasses, is it?" She says while looking at me with a harsh glare, but her voice gives way to nothing.

"Well I guess not," I say matching her tone."But it isn't like you could have told them no, is it"

"Well you really do think that I'm some brat don't you?" she says for some reason.

Oh shit

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that out loud." After those words leave my mouth she starts bursting out laughing, probably at me.

"Mio" She all but whispers in between a laugh. If I wasn't  listening carefully then I would have missed what she said. "Call me Mio." She says after she finally catches her breath.