Chapter 108

I carefully look around the corner into the kitchen, the girl franticly searches from something. Both her arms and legs have deep cuts and scrapes. I take a breath then step out behind her. "H-hello." I say quietly. She quickly turns around brandishing a large kitchen knife. "Location, date and id!" She franticly looks around. I raise my hands,

"It's okay I won't hurt you. Will you please put the knife down." The girl glares at me clearly not believing me. Her eyes begin to become hazy. "Location, date... id." She fall over woozy from blood loss. "Hey!" I say as I rush over to her. The girls eyes open a few hours later, she looks around but only see an empty room. She looks at her arms and legs now bandaged and cleaned. I walk back into the room holding a bowl and rag.

"Are you okay?" I ask as i place the bowl on a table next to her. She looks at me, "Who are you?" She asks weakly. "My name is Aden. I was walking home when I found you in an ally." She sits up, "Do you work for them? I'm not going back." I shake my head. "No I don't work for anyone." She glances at me studying me, she lets out a light smile.

"Thank you for your help Aden. Im in your debt." I shake my head, "its fine you don't owe me anything. What is your name?" She pauses, "The only thing I've ever been called is Nine." "Ok Nine. It's good to meet you, where do you live I'll take you there." She shakes her head. "The men that chased me they imprisoned me. I don't know who my family is or even if I have one."

Tears begin to well up in her eyes when I grab her hand. "You can stay here if you want. If you have no where go you can sleep in the spare room." She looks up at me, "Really? Are you sure? I don't want to cause you trouble they'll be looking for me."

I smile and place my hand on her head. "It's fine I'll protect you." He face turns a light red. I yawn and stretch, "well im heading to sleep. I'll show you to your room okay?" She nods and I get up to show her to her room.