2

The next day, Monday morning, Satine Hollow arrives at her first day of Midtown High, ready leave as soon as she steps in the door.

She goes to the office to get her schedule and locker number, even though she won't be using it. She's packed everything she needs in her bag so she doesn't have to use a locker and waste time getting to class.

She gets to her first hour and sits in the back to stay as far away from the attention of the teacher. The bell rings soon after and the rest of the students pile in, Peter included.

He looks around and spots an unknown person in back. She lifts her head and his heart skips a beat before he's sitting with Ned.

"That's the girl." He whispers while nodding to her.

Ned quickly turns to look before quickly turning back as to not draw any attention to himself.

"She's pretty." He smiles.

"Yeah, I know, but that's not the point." He rolls his eyes and he goes serious again.

"Right." He nods.

"She-"

"Alright, class!" Mr. Harrington claps. "We have a new student today."

Satine squeezes her eyes shut with a sigh and shakes her head before looking up at his smile.

"Satine Hollow, please say 'hi' so we know who you are?"

"Hi." She grins sweetly while raising her hand a bit and they all look.

"Welcome to Midtown, Satine." He nods.

"Thank you." She moves her hair behind her ear.

He grins at her before moving on and the class turns forward. She looks around and makes eye-contact with Peter before he and Ned quickly turn away, making her smile a bit.

"Ah, Peter." Harrington points. "What's the answer?"

"Uh..." He looks down at his paper. "1889."

Satine furrows her brows at the sound of his voice and quickly lifts her head. She looks at him with furrowed brows before smiling a bit with a light breathy chuckle.

-

Throughout the first half of the day, Satine did her best to focus on what her teachers had to say but just couldn't get Peters voice out of her head. She figured it out and all he had to do was say a few words.

Lunch rolls around and she gets her food and drink before making her way into the dreaded cafeteria. She's on her way to the most empty table when she turns to see a group of a few girls looking at her. She stops walking and they smile before waving her over.

"I'm just gonna assume that's the popular group over there."

"Yup." Ned walks past her with Peter.

She quickly turns and looks at Peter with a small smile before looking back at the girls.

"Yeah, no, thank you." She turns away. "Can I sit with you guys?" She hopes with a cheeky smile.

"Is it that easy to tell we're the nerds?" Peter smirks while sitting down.

"Would you be mad if I said 'yes'?"

"Sit down." He motions to the seat across from him with a chuckle.

She smiles and hurries to sit there while both boys hold down excited smiles.

"Where'd you come from?" Ned asks.

"Uh, I just moved from Rochester. Obviously, originally from Russia." She rests her chin on her fist. "Liking it here so far."

"You seen Spiderman yet?" He quickly asks and Peters eyes go wide as he slowly turns to him, making Satine smile.