64

By one o'clock, everyone has either gone home or been sent home and it's just the team left behind to talk nonsense between drunk and sober party-goers.

Satine and Peter are sitting right next to each other, just listening to whatever the adults have to say, loving to be included in things like that.

He takes off his jacket, gaining her attention as he sits forward in his spot to lean his elbows on his knees. Her grins slowly grows while looking him up and down and she crosses her legs as her mind takes her somewhere she'd gladly be at the moment, just shouldn't.

"Goddamn." She whispers and he turns, making her slowly smile.

"What?"

"Nothing." She shrugs. "Just admiring you."

"Yeah?" He smiles and she nods surely. "That's very kind of you." He sets his hand on her thigh.

"Hey, I'm watching you two." Tony points. "Don't be doing none of that."

"None of what?" She breathes a chuckle as he takes his hand back.

"Don't get pregnant." Steve raises a brow.

"Oh, can't get pregnant, ah-ha, ah-ha." She does a little dance, making the knowers, other than Tony's, eyes go wide.

"How do you know that?" Sam furrows his brows.

"Oh, that's my business." She does the dance again.

"Alright." He nods with a humored grin while the others chuckle.

She puts her hands down with a grin and Peter shakes his head at her, making her smile with a cute chuckle as he turns forward.

"Already would be." She whispers while sitting forward for a quick second before sitting back.

His head whips around to look at her with wide eyes and she holds back a laugh. His hand flies back to lightly hit her in the chest, making her giggle as she hunches over and he turns back.

"Shut up." He grits in a whisper tone with a chuckle and she nods.

"I'm sorry." She smiles with her hand on his shoulder. "I won't do it again."

"Good." He shakes his head and she giggles again. "My God."

-         

While Peter is still sitting forward, Satine sighs and looks at him. She leans up and sets her cheek on his shoulder and takes his hand to interlock their fingers. He smiles a bit without looking her way and gives her hand a small squeeze, making her slowly grin too.

"Hey, kids, we got news." Tony nods upwards.

"Good or bad?" Peter asks.

"Good."

"Boring." Satine jokes and he chuckles.

"What?" Sharon quietly shakes her head and they ignore her as Satine rolls her eyes.

"So, soon, all, but us three and Pepper will be moving to the Avengers compound." He motions and as Satine moves her chin to Peters shoulder. "We're not going until you two finish school this year."

"Why're we moving?" Satine furrows her brows.

"Just get a bigger space." He shrugs. "Further away from the city. Makes it safer for civilizations too if someone were to come attacking us."

"That makes sense." She nods.

"When does school end?" Steve asks and she looks up at Peter.

"Two Fridays into June." He states while rubbing her hand with his thumb.

"That's a short summer." Sam grimaces and Satine nods.

"Some schools do it differently." He complains lightly. "We just got unlucky."

"Clearly." She nods with raised brows and he grins a bit. "I hate school. I'm almost as smart as you, let me drop out."

"Eh..?" Tony sings in doubt and they chuckle.

"Hey, I made a hologram that can be held and felt, did any of you?" She points. "No."

"You're still not dropping out." He raises a brow.

"Why?" She sighs. "I'm too smart for them. My learning is at 'college' level."

"Higher then everybody else in our class." Peter nods and she smiles.

"See?" She points at him. "He agrees."

"What do you mean by 'college' level?" Thor uses air quotes.

"I'm higher than that, it's just what they'd let me learn at." She explains with a bored shrug. "They could bump me up to senior classes and have me take whatever test they have now and I'll be good." She gives them a thumbs up and Peter nods.

"Yeah, her work's always done before everyone elses." He shrugs. "She's be fine without school."

"She leaves and you're stuck with Flash." Tony nods sideways and he chuckles as Satine smiles.

"Not anymore." She pats his arm. "He wouldn't even look at me for over a week." She smiles, bright and proud. "He's scared now. Pussy."

"Is he now?" Bucky sings in doubt.

"Caught your metal arm." They both state in montone while staring directly at him.

"Oh, my god." He throws his arms as Sam claps with a laugh. "Everytime."

-  

"Alright, we're going to bed." Satine stands.

"We?" Steve shakes his head and she rolls her eyes as Peter stands too.

"When did you turn French?" She mumbles while heading for the small staircase and he rolls his eyes too. "I'm tired, he's bored, goodnight."

"Moody when she's tired." Pietro teases and she smiles a bit.

As she's about to pass Yelena, she stands and grabs her arm to whisper in her ear. Satine nods and plays cool and calm as she sits like all is normal and the two keep moving.

"What was that?" Steve furrows his brows.

"It's not important." Yelena states in monotone. "Move along."

"Don't be doing things you shouldn't!" Sam teases while pointing.

"Pietro!" Satine swings around and throws a random box of tissues at Sam, but Pietro catches it before it can get near him.

"You're welcome." She grins and turns away.

Pietro chuckles and Sam shakes his head a bit with wide eyes. Tony turns to Sam with a smirking smile and he throws his arms at them.

"Why is that a good thing?"

"She told Pietro, didn't she?" He shrugs as Pietro sits with a chuckle.

"Oh, my God."

-