12

Monday after lunch, Satine gets to her English class and waits for the bell to ring so the teacher can come in with the instructions for todays schedule.

They find out they'll be getting a book that they'll eventually have to write an essay on and start heading to the library. They walk through the door to see another English class has come in with the same assignment and is also browsing through the aisles.

Satine in the standing infront of the large aray of horror novels and reading the back cover when a sudden hit to her shoulders makes her jump out of her skin.

"Jesus!" She quietly hisses and hits Peter in the chest while he silently laughs. "You fucker." She chuckles in a whisper tone. "You scared the shit out of me."

"That was the goal." He grabs a random book from the shelf and she rolls her eyes with a smile.

"I don't like this one, gimme that." She motions to the book he has and he smiles a bit before switching with her. "Is Ned in your class?"

"No, he's in his Math Class, right now."

"Oh, how fun." She grimaces and he smiles. "Oh, I like this one."

He shakes his head with a chuckle at her quick change and she walks away to go check her book out, called Asylum by Madeleine Roux.

She sits at one of the tables like the rest of the students and Peter sits next to her a few minutes later with a book from the History section about Captain America.

"Oh, I wonder who's going to ace this essay?" She whispers and he smiles. "Yeah, good luck, Spiderman."

"Thanks."

She smiles before they make sure to go quiet as to not get in trouble for talking. She slowly furrows her brows in concentration and focus and he keeps looking over at her before turning away with a small grin.

Eventually, they all get up to leave and Peter and Satine walk out together with their books in hand.

"Y'know, half that shit in there probably isn't right." She points to his book.

"Yeah, I know." He sighs. "But I have to go with what it says in here because, school's stupid."

"Yeah." She scoffs. "You could say that again. I'll see you in Chemistry." She stops by her classroom door.

"Yeah, see ya'."

"Bye." She waves a bit with a grin.

"Bye." He does the same before walking away.

-

The last hour of the day comes around and Cobbwell has finished her lesson while most of the students have finished their assignments and are just chatting until the day's over.

Peter and Ned both spin around in their seats to face Satine while she watches with a small smile.

"Oh, she knows I'm Spiderman." He quietly motions to her.

"How'd you find out?" Neds eyes go wide.

"Oh, yeah?" Peter turns to her. "I never asked that."

"I figured it out right away." She chuckles. "Spiderman has a very specific voice and there's only one other person in this world with that voice. It only took a few words from you and I knew it. Found out the first day of school."

"Wow, okay." He nods while Ned smiles.

"He was climbing on his bedroom ceiling when I found out." He points and she smiles.

"Wow, that Peter-tingle doesn't work very well." She teases.

Peter slouches with an unamused face, tilted head, and a sigh, and she chuckles.

"Wow, that spider-sense doesn't work very well."

"Thank you." He nods. "And it works perfectly fine." He points with attitude. "Thank you very much. It senses threats and Ned isn't a threat."

"Pfft." Ned scoffs. "Speak for yourself." He shakes his head and they chuckle. "Have you figured out who Lovebite is?"

"No." He shakes his head while scratching above his lip to hide the grin with Satine. "No, she's difficult to figure out."

"What do you think about her?" He turns to her. "I think she's awesome."

"Yeah, me too." She nods. "I love her suit."

"Yeah, that's so cool." He breathes a bright smile.

"You guys talking about Lovebite?" Flash butts in.

"Yeah." Satine looks him up and down.

"I met her once." He smirks.

Peter looks at Satine through his lashes and she lightly shakes her head, making him have to hold down a smile.

"She's hot." He chuckles.

They once again look at each other, but this time with grimaces that slowly turn to grins from the looks on their faces.

"What happened?" Ned asks.

"I was walking and she was helping someone and stopped to talk to me-"

"Dude, go away, no one believes you." Satine shoos him away. "You don't even have proof. Get."

"Yes, I do." He nods with furrowed brows.

"Then, where is it?" She raises a brow.

"I don't have to show you anything."

"That's code for; 'I don't have shit to show for my false accusations'. Get the fuck out of here."

He scoffs and goes back to his desk and Ned looks at her to see her grinning at Peter, who is also shyly grinning at her, making him roll his eyes with a smile.

-

Peter decided to walk and ride the bus with Satine to the orphanage. They're almost there and honestly don't really want to separate.

"But, we will most likely see each other tonight." She points.

"Yeah, hopefully." He nods.

"You wanna meet Lexi?" She gives him a humored grin while holding back a laugh.

"Eh-I..?" He nervously hesitates and she chuckles.

"Yeah, no, she's crazy, it's a horrible idea." She shakes her head and he smiles.

They make it to her home and stop by the front door. She pulls him down into a hug, making him chuckle as he wraps his arms around her waist.

"I think that's Lexi in the window." He whispers, getting a laugh in return. "She's smiling."

"Oh, God." She rolls her eyes. "I'm gonna have to run past her."

"You could knock her down." He shrugs and she laughs again.

"That'd be fun." She nods.

They finally let go and say their goodbyes before she walks inside with a grin that drops at the sight of a nervous Lexi and disapproving Diana. The other roommates finally come down after Lexi shouted for them when Satine and Peter were hugging and Lexi gives them a look.

"What?" Satine shakes her head.

"Who was that?" Diana nods to the door.

"My friend." She shrugs.

"What were you doing with him?" She takes a step closer.

"It's called hugging, Diana." She takes her own step forward. "Never experience one of those before?"

"Do not talk to me like that." She grits while pointing at her. "You have no righ-"

"And you have no right to try disciplining me over a hug." She nods. "A hug. Get over it."

Diana goes to smack her but doesn't even get close as Satine grabs her wrist in mid air.

"Don't even try." She glares while squeezing, not too hard. "You are not my mother. You are nothing to me but a temporary 'caretaker'. Don't touch me."

She throws her hand back and walks around her and upstairs. Her roommates look at each other while holding down smiles and follow behind.