66

Satine and Peter lay the next morning with her face in his chest and arm around his waist while he hugs her neck with their legs intertwined under the sheets.

She's the first to wake and just lay there with a small grin while squeezing his hoodie in her fist before he wakes just a few minutes later. He pulls her closer and she nuzzles her face in his hoodie and she pushes her hand under it to hug him alone.

"Don't crawl in there." He jokes with a rough voice, making her smile.

"I do what I want." She chuckles and he smiles while rubbing his eyes.

She waits a second before struggling to quickly crawl in anyway while he just smiles and shakes his head. She gets all the way up to his chest and sighs with a grin and closed eyes.

"You good?" He nods.

"Mhmm." She smirks.

"Good." He rolls to his front to be on top of her and she screams a bit with a giggle. "Oh, wow, you're so comfy." He sighs while she just laughs and squirms beneath him. "So comfy."

-

Now, fully dressed and ready to go, Peter and Satine go down to the common room where he sits in the armchair as she goes to the kitchen to get food. Yelena comes up to her as Satine takes a bite of her cereal and side eyes her.

"How was last night?" She places a hand on the corner with a tilted head.

She grins with a thumbs up, making her chuckle while shaking her head.

"He spoke Russian." She mumbles and her brows raise in surprise.

"Really?" She asks and she nods happily. "Well, damn, girl, good choice."

"I know." She smiles, making her smile a bit.

-

Later that night, once all have supposedly gone to bed and it's storming hard outside, there's a light knock at Peters door and he gets up to answer it. Instantly, Satine grabs his hand with a smile and he quickly closes the door as she starts pulling.

"I have made something." She states cutely and he smiles.

"What's that?"

"Come."

She opens her door for him to see the room lit by one candle on her desk. He looks over at the corner of the window to find the blanket on the floor and a bunch of snacks that look to have just been thrown to the floor in excitement. His smile slowly grows a bit as he looks at her in a bit of confusion and a lot of awe.

"I made an indoor picnic." She jumps and he chuckles. "I love when it storms and I wanted to watch it with you." She guides him to the blankets and he sits against the wall with her across from him. "Think of it as an actual date, sense we've never gone on one of those." She shrugs. "And I wanted to do something nice and romantic too."

"No need to explain yourself, I love it." He shakes his head while slowly pulling her into a kiss by her cheeks.

He turns her around and pulls her back to his front to hold her close and she pulls his arms tighter around her waist.

"How long were you just sitting her before thinking of this?" He smirks and she smiles.

"A while." She nods and he chuckles. "Oh, I've been meaning to ask..." She tilts her head up to look at him. "When the hell did you speak Russian?" She shakes her head and he laughs a bit.

"I just wanted to learn a bit so that I could surprise you. What better time then that?" He jokes with a shrug, making her smile as she turns back to the window.

She nuzzles her head into his chest and places her hand on one of his and pushes her fingers between his. She looks down at it as he starts rubbing her thumb with his and grins a bit.

"...I love you." She says just above a whisper and he looks down at her with slightly furrowed brows.

"I love you too." He presses his lips to the top of her head. "You okay?"

"Mhmm." She nods with a grin. "I just didn't know that it would be possible for me have a favorite person, like you." She lays her head back. "It's a pretty great feeling to feel loved at all. I didn't know what that felt like until you showed up, dressed as a spider." She chuckles with tears in her eyes and he smiles. "It's really cool." She laughs her cries and he chuckles while hugging her chest close. "I love you to death." She shakes her head and he sighs with a pout.

"I love you too."