48

"I'm back." Satine walks through the orphanage doors about an hour later and they furrow their brows with confused smiles.

"Why?" Xandar grimaces.

"Fuck off, Dick, this is for you and Kiley." She puts her hand up. "Where is she?"

"I'm here." She steps out of the bathroom with a high-pitched sigh and a sniffle.

"Oh, God." She sighs sadly. "I need you and Xandar, we're going somewhere."

"Where?" Lexi furrows her brows.

"Somewhere, come, let's go." She quickly waves them out.

She hurries out and the two quickly put their shoes on and jackets to run after.

"In." She motions to the nice, black car.

"Are you kidnapping us?" Kiley slowly gets in with furrowed brows.

"Are you willingly getting in the car?" She raises a brow and Xandar chuckles as they get in.

-

"Uh...Satine?" Kiley calls as she and Xandar stare out of the window.

"Yes?" She slowly sings with a smirk.

"Wha..?"

She chuckles as Happy parks the car and the two get out. Kiley and Xandar look at each other and quickly shuffle out of the car to stand in front of the Avengers Tower.

"Follow me." Happy starts ahead and Satine skips after him with the two speed-walking after.

"Satine, what's going on?" Kiley whispers as they step in the building.

"Shh, it's quiet in here." She puts her finger to her lips while Happy smirks a bit in front.

Kiley worriedly and nervously furrows her brows and Xandar takes her hand with a racing heart. They get in the elevator and stand in silence while Satine grins at the door.

"Friday, floor 56." Happy demands.

"What's floor 56?" Xandar quickly whispers.

"Hush." Satine lowly smirks. "Quiet time."

Kiley rolls her eyes and grips Xandar's hand with a bouncing leg. He takes a deep breath and rubs her hand with his thumb.

"I am not dressed to meet the Avengers." He quickly states and Kiley smiles.

"Oh, dude, I look like a slob half the time I'm with them anyway." She waves him off.

"Your dad is Tony Stark, you can do whatever you want." Kiley throws her hand.

"Oh, no, I can't." She chuckles deeply.

"No, she can't." Happy agrees and she smiles.

"See?"

The doors open and the three step out while Happy stays behind. They speed-walk behind her as she walks her normal fast pace until she reaches a door.

"Ladies first." She runs in with a bright smile.

Kiley and Xandar slowly step inside with wide and scared, but excited eyes at the sight of their favorite heroes in front of them.

"Tada." Satine sings from her seat beside Peter and they look at her with even wider eyes. "Surprise, Bitches."

"God." Sam sighs and they quickly look at him, making him have to hold down a humored smile.

"So, Kiley, Xandar." Tony calls and their brows raise as their heads whip around. "We were told about your little predicament and have sort of discussed when really I decided this, I have a job for both you, you can work together. It's a simple janitor and that's not fun, but it gives you a job and a home."

"Home?" Kiley's neck sticks forward with a raised brow.

"Right, yes." He nods. "A few floors down is another bedroom area where we're just gonna stick you so you don't go homeless." He shrugs nonchalantly.

"Satine." Kiley quickly turns to her with tears in her eyes.

"He's being very serious." She nods with a grin and he hangs her head with her hand over her eyes while he just stands there, completely speechless.

Satine chuckles sadly and jumps up to hurry to pull her into a tight hug with their faces in each other's necks.

"Oh, I hate you." Kiley hits her back, making them chuckle and Satine giggle. "Thank you so much." She directs to everyone.

"Eh, we don't need the room." Tony waves it off. "Might as well give it somebody."

"Somebody in need." Nat corrects.

Satine lets go of her and Kiley wipes her tears with a chuckle before Xandar forces Satine into a tight hug while shaking her, making her laugh before he pushes her away.

"God, these two are aggressive." She grimaces with a smile.

"All three of you are." Bucky shakes his head as she sits by Peter, making her smile.

"Ah." Kiley points at him and hits Xandars chest. "That's him."

"Oh, oooh." Sam sings while the others smile at a nervous Peter.

"Oh, yeah." Xandar raises a brow. "Peter."

"Hi." He nods and looks at a grinning Satine with wide eyes.

"Alright, look away, focus on them." She shoos them away and motions to the adult heroes.

"Right." Xandar turns to them.

"Question." Sam raises his hand. "You're eighteen?" He points to Xandar with doubt. "Just turned eighteen?"

"Yeah." He nods with an agape smile.

"Why the hell you look twenty-five, then?" He jokes with furrowed brows and waves him off, making him chuckle.

"I don't know, man." He shrugs. "Genes, I guess."

"Oh, yeah, okay." He nods while they all smile. "Genes." He scoffs. "You're as old as me."

"Eeh." Satine sings with a high-pitched tone of doubt and they hold back laughs as Sam turns to glare at her.

"Go fall off a building." He demands in monotone and she gasps a smile.

"You bitch." She looks him up and down and he smirks. "Go crash into a wall with those fake ass wings."

"Asshole." He shakes his head.

"This is what happens here?" Kiley smiles a bit.

"Every day." Steve sighs a grin. "Every single day."

"It actually started the day we met." Satine smirks. "I threatened him."

"You what?" Their necks go forward.

"And I'm proud of it." She points. "He was making fun of Peter." She shrugs and they shake their heads while he smiles at her. "I'm protective. Obviously." She motions to the Avengers that just gave them a home because of her.

"Yeah, no shit."