19

Satine has been at the tower for most of the day already and about twenty minutes ago, Tony and Peter walked off and out of the room, leaving her alone with her idols.

Sam and Bucky interrogated her again and she gave a perfectly good excuse that just made them roll their eyes and wave her off while the rest of them smile.

"Okay, we only ask because, you're all emo, grunge, stuff." Sam motions at her. "And Peter's just a big ass nerd." He grimaces and she gives him a disapproving look with a grin.

"It just doesn't make sense." Bucky shrugs.

"True." Thor nods.

"Makes sense to me." She shrugs.

"How?" Pietro shakes his head.

"Just does."

Just then, Tony walks in with no Peter and she jumps up and away from them.

"They're making fun of him still." She tattles and they throw their arms while Tony smiles at her.

"They're morons." He walks towards the couches while she stays by the doors.

"Rude." Steve whispers and they nod.

"Where is Peter?" She furrows her brows.

"Oh, he's in his lab." Tony motions towards the doors. "That's floo-"

"Floor fourty-six, three doors down the hall?" She smirks and they all slowly turn to her.

"How'd you know that?" Tony raises a brow.

"I've been here before." She shrugs.

"You've what?" Clint sticks his neck forward.

"Twice."

"Satine." Tony disapproves with a smile.

She giggles and runs out of the room, leaving them to look at each other with surprised agape smiles.

"He done snuck a girl over." Sam chuckles proudly.

"That's awesome." Clint shakes his head with a sigh.

"She's a bad influence." Wanda smirks.

"Oh, no." Bruce whispers.

-

Satine makes it to Peter and he smiles when she opens the door.

"What's he got you stuck in here doing?"

"Fixing something I broke." He chuckles while lifting an iron hand.

She smiles and goes to his desk to lean her back against it with her arms crossed while watching him work.

"I also kinda outed the fact that you've snuck me here." She nods and he looks at her. "More than once."

"Oh, god." He chuckles with wide eyes. "They're definitely gonna tease me on that."

"I know." She chuckles deeply, making him laugh. "So..." She starts as he gets back to working. "I think I wanna wait to show Lovebite."

"Okay." He shrugs. "That's fine. I just have to find better excuses for why I haven't found out who she is."

"Say that you haven't seen her around." She comes off the desk. "Maybe she was in a different part of the city. She frequents allover." She hugs him from behind, making him smile. "Anything that means you haven't seem her recently. Or she just doesn't let you take the mask off." She holds tighter for a second while closing her eyes with a shrug.

"Alright." He agrees. "You okay?"

"Mhmm." She nods. "You're warm."

"You want my jacket?"