3

Satine walks into History class to make eye-contact with Peter, making both smile a bit. She touches his shoulder as she walks past and he turns to Ned with wide eyes while he stares with an agape smile.

"Ms. Hollow." Harrington calls and she looks up. "Do you mind going to the library for me?"

"Oh, I don't know where that is yet?" She shakes her head.

"Oh, well, that's fine. Take a friend."

Flash smirks and turns to her as she stands but she taps Peter instead while giving Flash a smug look. Peter smiles and stands to guide her to get a book for Harrington. Flash gives him a dirty look and they leave the room while Ned smiles from his seat.

"Am I your friend?" Peter grins at her.

"My only friend." She smiles with her hands pulled together behind her.

"Ned will be your friend." He shrugs.

"Then, my first friend." She looks up at him.

He looks down with a smile and small blush, making her grin as she turns away.

"You-uh..." He hesitates and she looks at him. "You look really pretty. Today."

"Thank you, Peter." Her turn to blush. "You, too."

"Thank you." He breathes a chuckle.

They make it the libraries door and he opens it for her and leads her to the history section. They both go looking for it and she grabs it from the bottom shelf before standing with a toothy smile and holding it in front of her chest.

"Found it." She chuckles and he smiles.

They leave and get back to class within a few minutes. Harrington takes the book with a 'thank you' and they sit down.

"So, tomorrow to Monday, you will be doing a project with one other person on the History of The Johnstown Flood, 1889." Harrington instructs. "You can pick your partners. Choose wisely."

Peter looks at Ned with a look and he nods with a smile. Peter turns to Satine, making her smile and nod. He gets up and takes the empty seat beside her while everyone else does the same around them.

Harrington finishes explaining the project before handing out a syllabus of requirements.

"I doubt it, but if we end up not finishing this at school, we won't be able to go to my house to continue it." She cautions.

"That's fine. I work at the Avengers tower so-"

"Wait, seriously?" She grabs his arm to play along.

"Yeah." He smiles, making her smile as she lets go. "We can go there if-"

"Yes."

"Do you wanna go anyway?" He chuckles.

"Yes."

"Okay." He nods. "We'll go after school then."

-

In Chemistry, Satine keeps looking at what Peter's doing, which is making his webs and writing plans for his suit while Ned makes him talk about it.

The plans are the biggest distraction that she can so cleary read. But, she won't be able to remember them.

She takes a deep breath and gets her camera ready before setting her phone a certain way and zooming in to get a clear shot of every word and drawing. She takes a few pictures before quickly putting her phone away and getting a piece of paper.

"Hey." She leans forward with a smile and Peter turns to her. "Here."

She hands him a small piece of paper and he takes it before smiling at the sight of her number.

"Thanks."

"Yeah, text me so I have yours."

She sits back and he turns to Ned, who sits with wide eyes, making him breathe a chuckle while Satine watches through her lashes with a grin. He texts her and she nods to him, meaning it worked and he turns back forward while holding down a bright smile.