7

Lovebite has been roaming around the city for five days now and Spiderman has finally decided to pay her a visit.

Peter's perched on a roof that's directly in the middle of where she most frequents, watching and waiting. Up ahead, he sees a dark shadow of something that looks exactly like him, seated in the same position. He slowly stands as it mirrors his actions perfectly.

"Lovebite." He shakes his head.

She jumps to the next roof closest to him and he does the same until they're standing on the same roof.

"Hey, Spiderboy." She smirks in an American accent to disguise her Russian.

"Haha, very funny." He rolls his eyes. "I can only guess, you're Lovebite?"

"I mean, I guess." She shrugs. "I didn't come up with the name."

"Right." He nods. "What's your real name?"

"Hun, it don't work that." She shakes her head. "You gotta figure it out yourself."

"So, you won't take the mask off?" He steps closer with a raised brow.

"No, I won't take the mask off."

"Yeah, well-"

He cuts himself off to quickly reach for her mask but she grabs his wrist and he goes to use his other hand and she smacks it away. He kicks her feet out from under her and she quickly rolls to her front and kicks the side of his knee, knocking him to his front. He's about to get up when she kicks his chest to keep him down. She quickly straddles his waist while he tries to get up and holds his hands above his head.

"Now, now, Spidey." She shakes her head. "None of that."

"Why not?" He smirks. "If you're one of the good guys then why don't you take the mask off?"

"Take off yours." She challenges with a nod.

"No can do."

"Oh, well, that's too bad." She sulks with a sigh. "I'll find out soon enough. Or maybe I already have?" She raises a brow and his heart rate increases more than it already is with her literally being on top of him. "Bye, Spidey."

She shoots her web to a tall structure of top of a building and swings away, leaving him to quickly try to get up.

"No, no, wait!" He shouts after her and goes to follow, but it's too late. "Damnit." He sighs.

-

Peter gets back to the tower and gets in through the glass door to the common room. Everyone is still awake and sitting around the couches when he pulls his mask off.

"I talked to her."

"Lovebite?" Tony asks.

"Yeah. I tried to take off her mask and she kinda threw me to the ground."

"Of course." Bucky chuckles.

"Hey, remember that time I caught your metal arm?" He points with raised brows.

"That was kinda funny." Sam shrugs with a sideways nod and Bucky rolls his eyes.

"What else happened?" Steve brings them back to the important conversation.

"Nothing really." He shrugs. "I told her to take the mask off and she told me to do the same, I said 'no', and she left. So..."

"Maybe we should get involved?" Nat suggests.

"What? No, no, I wanna do this alone." He puts his hands up. "And I doubt she'll show up if you're all there."

"Are you sure?" Steve nods with raised brows.

"Definitely." He nods.

"Alright." Tony shrugs. "Tell us if you change your mind."

"Will do."