39

After school, Thursday, Satine changes out of her jeans and small shirt to put on something comfy instead before heading to the common room. She walks in and sits on the floor in front of Peter, who sits in the armchair. He leans forward and on his forearms and rests his chin on her head, making her slowly smile.

"Oh. Hey, Pietro." She gives him a cheeky smile.

"Huh?" He turns to her.

"In Tony's lab..." She starts and they all smile as he raises a brow. "On my desk, there's this thing that looks like it goes on a finger...if you wanna...go get that for me? Please?"

He stares at her with raised brows for a second before looking at a smiling Wanda. He rolls his eyes with a smile and speeds out of the room, making Satine smile. He comes back seconds later and hands it to her before plopping back down in his seat.

"Okay, I want to show you all what I have created." She starts and they all pay attention as Peter lifts his head. "So...I made a hologram. Big whoop, I know." She shakes her head while rolling her eyes and they chuckle. "But..." She slips it on her ring finger. "Mine is less of a hologram and more of a...physical illusion."

"Physical?" Steve nods with raised brows.

"You can feel it." She smirks.

"What?" Half of them smile a bit.

She nods towards her hand and taps the plate that's on the print of her ring finger with her thumb and turns her palm up. From bottom to top, the Tesseract forms in her hand, and they continue to smile. She stands and walks to Tony before nodding to it. He hesitates before picking it up with wide eyes and a growing smile.

"I scanned the many pictures you have on the Tesseract and created this." She takes her hand down. "I made it so that if we ever need to trick somebody then we just scan the weapon or object or something and hand that to the bad guy. They won't have a clue that they have a fake until it's too late."

"How is it still there if your hand isn't up?" Tony hands it to Steve.

"The plate wraps around my finger so whatever angle the 'hologram' is at, it sticks with wherever it is, wherever it's brought, and whoever holds it. If they leave the room, it will disappear, of course, but by then we should be prepared for a better fight. It's a distraction."

"It's awesome." Peter corrects and she chuckles with a bright smile.

"Have you scanned anything else?" Nat asks as she hands it to Thor.

"Unknown to him until now..." She grins. "I have scanned Peter."

His brows raise with an agape smile as she turns to him and the others chuckle. Just as the Tesseract, from bottom to top, another Peter appears standing beside her. The teams laughs a bit as Real-Peter slowly stands and nudges the fake, to which he furrows his brows at Real-him.

"Rude."

"Oh, my God." Wanda chuckles excitedly.

"Great." Sam rolls his eyes.

"Two Peters." Bucky complains.

"Two Peters." Satine nods with a smile.

Fake-Peter leans over and kisses her cheek, to which Real-Peters jaw drops.

"Uh, no." He moves him out of the way. "No, no." He sets his hands on her shoulders from behind while she chuckles and the others laugh lightly.

"He's getting jealous over himself." Sam laughs behind his hands.

"That's not me." He shakes his head with a high-pitched grimace. "Cheater." He jokes and Satine gasps.

"I am not." She grabs his hands and forces them around her waist. "That's still you. Just not...real." She chuckles. "Perfect for if you lose your mind and break up with me."

"Ha!" Tony laughs before hanging his head with a smile, making her laugh too.

"Okay, but that's smart." Wanda points.

"I know." Satine nods surely and Peter shakes his head with a smile.

"Weirdo." He sighs.

"I know."

-

Fake-Peter is gone, along with the Tesseract, and a few other things they made her scan because Satine wouldn't let them touch the device, and she is back on the floor, between Peters legs. He's gently running his fingers through her hair while she hugs his leg. He feels her hold on him loosen as she slowly drifts and her eyes grow heavy.

He stops and lifts her head a bit to wrap his arms around her neck as she lets go while the few, with nothing else to do, watch through their lashes, and hold down smiles.

"You're ready for bed, huh?" He whispers and grazes his thumb over her cheekbone.

"Hmm." She nods a bit and leans her head on his shoulder.

"Do you wanna go to bed?" He tilts his head down a bit to look at her face and she nods. "Come."

He unwraps his arms and supports her from the elbows as she tiredly stands in front of him. He follows her up and out of the room and Wanda and Nat look at each other with growing smiles and Tony and Steve do the same.

"They're so cute." Wanda scrunches up her nose.

"I hate to admit it, but yeah, they are." Sam shrugs.

"Teen romance is always cute." Clint states.

"Yes, it is." Nat nods.

-

Satine and Peter reach his room and she goes in there instead of hers and he smiles with a chuckle. She points for him to lie down first and he turns off the light and does the opposite with the lamp before taking off his pants, leaving him in his boxers.

Her crawls in on the left side and turns to open his arms for her, making her smile. She gets under the blanket and hugs his waist with her legs over his while he hugs her neck. She nuzzles her head in his chest and falls asleep soon enough while he stays up and on his phone.