47

Satine scales down the wall and looks through the window to see her old roommates obviously stressing. She furrows her brows and opens the window, scaring them as she drops to her feet.

"What's going on? Why're we upset?"

"Did you feel it from the tower." Lexi jumps up and pulls her into a hug with wide eyes.

"Yes." She rolls her eyes with a smirk. "Of course, I did, I'm a psychic, what's going on?"

"Xandar turned eighteen a few days ago and I will tomorrow." Kiley starts as they let go of the hug and Emma and Noah come in next. "Diana's gonna kick us out because we're not minors anymore."

"What?" She lets go of them. "You guys don't even have jobs, how is she allowed to do that? Well, I shouldn't be surprised, Diana's an мудак, and the place I'm from wasn't any better."

"What's a Madok?" Lexi furrows her brows.

"мудак." She corrects with a smile and she nods. "It's an asshole. So, you have no money, no job, and there's no way in hell Diana is going to give you any money." She shakes her head. "How is this supposed to work?"

-

Satine is back at the tower and in the kitchen with Peter. She's explaining the situation of the eldest with worried brows while he tries to coo her panicked self that's nearly in tears.

"Hey." Tony calls and they look over. "What's going on? Why do you look so upset?"

"Uh... The two oldest in the orphanage are being kicked out soon because of their age and they have nowhere to go from there." She explains as they stop in front of the group. "They don't even have jobs and can't find one."

"... Can't find one, ay?" Tony raises a brow and she nods. "How old are they?"

"Eighteen."

"They know tech?"

"Not really."

"Are they smart?"

"Yeah, but not 'Stark Industries' smart."

"Can they clean?"

"Yeah."

"They wanna be janitors?" He raises his brows.

"They'll be whatever Tony Stark needs them to be." She shrugs with a growing smile.

"There you go." He nods. "No need to worry, they'll be fine."

"Seriously?" She nods.

"Yeah." He shrugs cooly and her smile gets even bigger while the others watch her silent excitement get ready to burst while she holds it down. "Why not?" He shrugs. "Charity for the homeless."

"Well, we don't want them going homeless either." Nat states.

"I mean, I would totally give up my room and stay in Peters, I'm just saying." She shrugs and he slowly smiles while shaking his head and closing his eyes.

"No." Tony grins.

"I'm just saying." She shrugs again. "Just a suggestion."

"You're not as slick as you think you are." Clint states while they all smile.

"Not at all." Peter chuckles.

"Hush." She nudges his side in a bad whisper. "I'm working."

"You're not getting paid." Steve shakes his head and she rolls her eyes with a sigh while adjusting her feet.

"You're not getting paid." She quietly mocks and they smile. "Yeah, yeah."

"I can take back my offer." Tony lies with a raised brow and smirk and she goes quiet with a grin while looking at nothing ahead of her. "That's what I thought." He nods. "I'm just taking in a bunch of orphans now." Tony complains and she smiles.

"You've been doing that for years." Clint motions to most of the group.

"I know." He nods and they roll their eyes.

"Okay, but yes, a majority of us are orphans." She nods. "Me, Peter, Nat, Bucky, Sam, Bruce, Wanda, Pietro, Clint, my new father, haha." She smirks and he chuckles while they smile. "Steve, and maybe Vision, if that really counts."

"Wow, Thor, you're the only one." Steve nods with his arms crossed and he nervously grins.

"Well, I'm not the only one with a sibling." He shrugs.

"You're not?" Satine furrows her brows.

"I have a sister." Sam raises his hand.

"I had one." Bucky nods.

"You know us." Pietro motions between he and Wanda.

"Yeah, I do, but I kind of forgot." She grins with a disappointed nod.

"Seriously?" He breathes a chuckle with a nod while Wanda smiles at her.

"Yeah." She nods.

"I have a sister." Nat states and her brows instantly raise.

"Seriously?" Her eyes go wide and she nods. "Do you still talk to her, I want to meet her?"

"You will." She smirks and she instantly smiles.

"Oh, yay."