73

"The hell happened to this planet?" Quill asks. "It's eight degrees off it's axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place."

"Yeah, we got one advantage." Tony states. "He's coming to us."

Peter taps Satine's shoulder and motions for her to turn and see Mantis bouncing off the ground like it's a trampoline. She sighs as they turn away and look around.

"We'll use it." Tony turns and the two focus on him. "I have a plan. Or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. Definitely don't wanna dance with this guy."

"I do." Satine shrugs quietly and Tony shakes his head.

"Yeah, I know you do." He nods and she holds down a smile as Peter chuckles. "We just want the gauntlet."

"Gauntlet?" She furrows her brows.

"Glove." Peter corrects and she nods with a hum of understanding.

"Are you yawning?" Tony asks Drax as Mantis stare at his mouth with furrowed brows. "In the middle of this, while I'm breaking it down? Huh? Did you hear what I said?"

"I stopped listening after you said, 'we need a plan.'" He states innocently and Satine sighs with a small smile before shaking her head and turning back to Tony.

"Okay, Mr. Clean is on his own page." He turns back to Quill.

"See, 'not winging it' isn't really what they do." He states, bored.

"Uh, what exactly is it that they do?" Peter points with furrowed brows.

"Kick names, take ass." Mantis states very seriously and Satine's brows involuntarily raise.

"Yeah, that's right." Drax nods.

"That's definitely right." Satine whispers with a flabbergasted eye-roll while Peter shakes his head at the pair.

Tony just stares at them in silence before sighing in disappointment and hanging his head. Satine takes his hand and he looks down at her while taking a deep breath before squeezing hers and turning forward.

"All right, just get over here, please. Mr. Lord, can you get your folks to circle up?"

"Mr. Lord." He nods with an annoyed grin. "Star-Lord is fine." He nods them over.

"We gotta coalesce. 'Cause if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude..."

"Dude, don't call us plucky." Quill shakes his head with furrowed brows. "We don't know what it means. All right, we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan. Except it sucks, so let me do the plan and that way it might be really good."

"Tell him about the dance-off to save the universe." Drax nods.

"Are you serious?" Satine quietly shakes her head with a grimace as Peter sighs and lays his arm over her shoulders.

"What dance off?" Tony asks.

"It's nothing." Quill shakes his head.

"Like in Footloose, the movie?" Peter furrows his brows.

"Exactly like Footloose." He gets a bit excited. "Is it still the greatest movie in history?"

"It never was." He shakes his head and Satine chuckles as the defeated look on his face.

"Don't encourage this, all right?" Tony turns away.

"Okay."

"We're getting no help from Flash Gordon here."

"Flash Gordon?" Quill raises his brows with his hands on his hips. "By the way. That's a compliment. Don't forget, I'm half human. So that fifty percent of me that's stupid, that's a hundred percent you." He circles his fingers to motion to them.

"Oh, can I throw him?" Satine turns to Tony and Quill furrows his brows.

"Not yet." He puts his hand up and she nods while turning away as Peter grins a bit.

"Excuse me." Mantis calls before turning back to Strange, who floats as his head does some crazy fast movements. "But does your friend often do that?"

"Strange, we all right?!" Tony shouts as he starts walking towards him before he falls to the ground with a small shout and gasp. "You're back." He states as the others hurry over. "You're all right."

"Hi." He nods.

"What was that?" Satine worriedly asks.

"I went forward in time to view alternate futures." He pants. "To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict."

"How many did you see?" Quill asks.

"Fourteen-million, six-hundred, five."

"How many did we win?" Tony asks.

"One."

-

Peter and Satine walk around now as Tony, Strange, and Quill continue to talk and Mantis and Drax stand and do nothing.

"Remember when I said I wanted to go to space?" Satine slowly turns to Peter and he furrows his brows before a single quiet laugh passes his lips. "Yeah, I change my mind." She chuckles.

"It's pretty cool though, right?" He nods while taking her hand.

"Yeah, it's really pretty." She furrows her brows as he spins her by her fingers, gaining a small giggle with a lip-bitting smile in return.

"I'm sure it was." He cups her cheeks as she places her hands on his waist. "Pretty girl." He smirks and she gasps.

"Oh, I forgot about that." She sighs and he chuckles. "You're slacking."

"I know." He nods softly. "I'm sorry. But you're very pretty." He nods with raised brows while she just grins adoringly. "That's just obvious." He shrugs and she giggles before quickly going around him.

He turns around to watch her as she jumps up on a bolder that's taller than Thor.

"What are you doing?" He chuckles up at her as she gets to her knees while pulling her hair to one shoulder.

"Turn around and give me your hands." She reaches and he confusedly does as told.

He reaches up and she pulls him up as she stands, causing his eyes to go wide with a small laugh before he too is standing up there with her.

"Never done that before." He chuckles while shaking his head and hands and she laughs a bit with a bright smile before pulling him into a hug around his neck.

"How strong is she?" Quill asks with furrowed brows and slightly wide eyes.

"She could pick up that guy." Tony points to Drax. "Hell, she could probably pick up that whole damn ship." He motions to the broken quarter that they came out of. "And I still don't think she's safe here." He quietly sighs. "Neither of them."

"Well, how strong is he?" He shrugs.

"Stronger than Thor." He states and he laughs once.

"Awesome." He shakes his head proudly.

"Look, Stark, you don't have to worry about them." Strange states and he sighs while watching them sit with their legs hanging off the rock and smiles on their young faces. "They'll be fine."

"Right." He whispers. "Yeah, of course, they will." He nods. "Yeah."