26

Satine frantically rummages through her clothes in the orphanage while the roommates confusedly watch her from their beds, well, Kiley's on Xander's with him.

"What're we freaking out for?" Emma asks with her chin in her palms, laying on her stomach.

"I..." She sighs. "I am going to meet the Peters Aunt today. The one parental figure he's had since he was a kid. So, essentially, I will be meeting his mother."

Lexi fails to hold back the single laugh and Satine rolls her eyes as the rest of them smile a bit. She finds an outfit and shoves it in a small bag before heading out the door with them following behind.

"Y'know?" Lexi starts. "Sense you're meeting his Aunt, I think he should meet us."

"I think differently."

"Where're you going?" Diana crosses her arms as she grabs the door handle.

"Away."

She closes the door behind her and Diana turns to the others with raised brows, but they stay quiet.

-

Satine is in Peters bathroom about an hour later, carefully doing her makeup to look good for the family. He's bored in his room with the TV and his phone off, watching her from his bed.

He gets up and makes his way over to gently trail his hand along her lower back while she watches. He hugs her around the waist from behind, making her smile as he turns his face into her neck while she does her best to stay calm of adoration.

"Are you okay?" She softly asks with an obvious smile.

"Just holding you." He shrugs with a muffled voice. "What's so wrong about that?"

"Nothing." She lightly shakes her head. "Nothing at all."

He smiles and holds her closer while she fights to hold back an adored squeak.

-

Peter opens the common rooms door for Satine and she walks in with a light 'thank you', making him smile. she looks up and spots Sharon right away.

"Oh, hey, Sharon." She waves with a smile as Peter grabs her other hand. "How are you?"

"No." Peter shakes his head while pulling her away.

"What? I just want to talk to her." She shrugs.

"No."

"Oh, alright." She sighs as they stop in the kitchen.

A few of them don't even try to hide the smiles and chuckles, encouraging the others to do the same, making Sharon roll her eyes.

"We are not picking fights." Peter says in the fridge.

"But, I want to." She sulks.

"No." He closes the door with raised brows.

She fakes a pout and he smiles and pats her cheek, making her giggle as she swats him away. He motions her forward and she walks to the window with him following behind.

"Where you going?" Tony watches them through his lashes.

"Aunt Mays." Peter chuckles.

"Fair warning, she talks a lot, but she's hot." He smirks.

Satine bursts out laughing and Peter rolls his eyes and lightly pushes her forward. She keeps chuckling as she goes to the balcony, leaving most of the group smiling behind.

-

They get to an alley beside the apartment building and Peter takes off his mask before they step out and go inside. They walk up a few flights of stairs until they make it to his and head to his door. Before he can unlock the door, Satine quickly gives him a kiss before she can't for the next few hours. He smiles and walks inside with her walking close behind him.

"May?!" He shouts from the foyer.

"Peter?!" She calls back with an obvious smile in her voice.

She comes hurrying out of her room and forces him into a tight hug with a bright smile, making him laugh.

"I missed you so much." She shakes him with her eyes squeezed shut.

"I missed you too."

She opens her eyes and looks at Satine, who smiles with a small wave.

"Oh, well, who is this lovely lady here?" She slowly lets him go.

"I don't know, she just followed me here." He shrugs while walking away and they both swat at him, making him smile. "This is Satine." He motions from the kitchen. "My girlfriend."

"Your what?" She gasps.

"Mhmm." He bends down to the fridge.

"Hi." Satine greets and May smiles. "I'm Satine Hollow."

"You're Russian?" Her eyes go wide. "And you're beautiful." She grabs her shoulders and she laughs a bit. "Oh, Peter." She shakes her head at him with furrowed brows. "You better not mess this up, Boy."

"Don't plan on it." He chuckles with furrowed brows.

"Good."

-

Now, May sits in the armchair while Peter and Satine sit beside each other on the couch.

"Alright, so, where're you originally from? Were you born in Russia?"

"I was." She nods. "I am an orphan and was relocated to America, New York, to be exact, just a year ago."

"Oh, I'm sorry, hun." She furrows her brows and Peter sighs while rubbing Satine's lower back. "That must be hard."

"Oh, no, it's okay, it doesn't bother me." She shakes her head. "It works out for the better, really. I wouldn't be in America if it weren't for the... Unfortunate events." She shrugs.

"Well, what happened to your parents?"

"Oh, I'm not sure." She shakes her head with furrowed brows. "No one ever told me, it happened when I was just a baby, and I don't remember. My guess is maybe a car accident, but, like I said, I'm not sure."

"Well, I hope you find out one day." She grins sweetly.

"Thank you." She smiles a bit.

May stands and walks to the kitchen to get started on dinner and Satine sits back with a sigh.

"You okay?" Peter whispers.

"Mhmm." She nods surely. "It really isn't an issue to me anymore, but it would've been cool to have at least known them."

"Maybe it's better that you don't know them." He shrugs. "Memories will just make it more painful."

"Do you remember anything about your parents?"

"Not much, but I do remember when we went to something for Iron Man." He smiles, making her smile. "But, it was the one were a bunch of robots attacked."

"Ah, yeah, the Ivan Vanko guy." She nods. "Did you meet Tony there?"

"For a second, yeah." He nods and she smiles again. "Yeah, a bot was right in front of me and me, being a kid, decided to us my fake glove on it, and Tony came up behind me, and did it for me so it looked like I did it." He chuckles. "I was so excited."

"I bet that was the best day of your life." She nods.

"Yes." He nods surely and she chuckles.

"Of course."