34

"When's the last time you ate, Peter?" Satine turns to him and he stays quiet in hesitation.

"'Bout three days ago." Nat nods upwards and his eyes go wide.

"Get the fuck out." She points and he slowly smiles. "Go eat."

"Yes, ma'am." He nods with a grin.

He leaves the room and she shakes her head at him with a chuckle while the others smile. Nat again shoos them all out and follows behind, leaving Satine and Tony alone.

"You were freaking out?" She smiles a bit and he rolls his eyes with a small smile.

"Okay, look, I care that you are safe and not in a coma with some broken bones." He shakes his head and hands and she chuckles while sitting up. "And you're really not going back home any time soon."

"I know." She nods.

"In fact, you might not be going home at all." He nods with raised brows and she furrows her own.

"What?"

"There's an empty room right next to Peters. Fully furnished already with a nice bathroom, better than his, really. If you're interested."

"Are you serious?" She breathes a chuckle.

"Yeah, why not?" He shrugs with a smirk. "Nobody's using it. Can be yours for the low price of promising not to eat all my food."

"Okay." She nods with a chuckle and her hand over her mouth and he smiles a bit. "Told you, I would be your favorite." She smirks.

He puts his hand up to her face to silence her and push her to lay back down and she lightly swats it away with a giggle. The others smile on the other side of the door with light chuckles after listening in to hear her response.

-  

Peter is back in the room and Tony and the others have actually left to go back to the common room. Peter brought Satine a sandwich and chips, seeing as she hasn't eaten in three days either.

"So, three days..." She starts and he looks down at her from his spot on the bed beside her. "Twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-nine, thirty... Happy one month, pavúk." She grins up at him.

His eyes go wide and she chuckles at the surprise and growing smile on his face.

"How long have you been keeping count?" He chuckles.

"Three."

"Wow." He nods. "Well, then, happy one month, pretty girl."

She smiles and pulls the blanket further up her body while slipping lower and lays her head on his abdomen.

"Oh, also, when's your birthday?"

"August tenth."

"And you are sixteen?" She slowly smirks.

"Yeah?" He raises a brow.

"I'm older than you." She chuckles deeply.

"Well, when's your birthday?" He challenges.

"Next week, boy." She shakes her head.

"What?!" He whisper shouts with wide eyes. "You weren't gonna tell me?"

"I forgot." She shrugs.

"Oh, lord." He sighs. "I gotta get you something."

"No, you do-"

"I gotta get you something." He lightly hits her shoulder and she smiles.

"Okay."