33

It's been a three days and Satine hasn't woken up yet. Peter's stayed out of school in the meantime to stay by her side the whole time while Tony does the same. They hadn't been able to get her vitals because of her 'thick skin' and he's been checking her heartbeat every few minutes, just to be sure. People have tried to pull the two away, but all attempts have failed, they even got Pepper to try getting Tony, but that didn't work either.

SHIELD was able to take care of the dangerous weaponry and have made it a personal mission to be weary of the extras out there.

Satine's phone has been blowing up with messages from her scared roommates, but Peter put it on silent for her to handle when she can. Her bones have already nearly healed, but that obviously wasn't the only issue. The impact on her head gave her a concussion and clearly sent her into a mild coma that the others aren't too worried about, but the two stick to her like glue anyway.

-

Tony and Peter are both staring right at her while sitting in the chairs on either side of her. On her right, Tony looks beside him to see the usual, normal heartbeat, and sighs while looking back at her, just to listen to it instead.

They furrow their brows at the sound of its sudden increase and go to look at it before she takes a deep breath. They both slowly stand and her eyes flutter open with light blinks.

"Satine." They quickly, but softly call out to her.

Her eyes flick over to Peters and she turns her head a bit in confusion.

"Hi." He smiles.

She goes to reach for him, but furrows her brows at the small pain in her arm. She tilts her head down a bit and it takes her mind a few seconds for her blurry eyes and heavy mind to register what's going on. The panic sets in and her breathing picks up with her heartbeat doing the same.

"Satine." Peter cautiously calls.

She looks around and notices the cast on her leg.

"Wha-?" She tears up.

"Sati-" He places his hands on her cheeks.

"What's going on?" She shakes while looking between the casts she never thought she'd see on herself. "Peter."

They both reach for her and she grabs a tight hold of Tony's hand out of fear while trying to sit up.

"Ugh, Peter." He groans painfully. "You wanna take this hand?"

"Yeah." He hurries to the other side.

She quickly grabs a hold of his wrist as a tear slips out and Tony pushes her down by her shoulders.

"Now, we can't sedate you so, I'm gonna need you to calm down." He starts firm, but slows near the end and she shakes her head at him. "Yup, too bad, Kiddo, you're gonna have to anyway."

"Satine." Peter sits beside her and she looks at him with her fearful eyes. "Do you remember what happened?"

He holds her arm close and she shakes her head with heavy breaths, to which he furrows his brows at Tony.

"Normal." He shakes his head and they turn back to her.

"Well, we took care of a Hydra situation together." He nods and she furrows her brows. "You did a lot better than I did, that's for sure." He chuckles and Tony smiles a bit as her breathing slowly calms. "But, your suit ran out of webbing as you were falling. You hit the ground hard and it did break your arm and leg." He nods and she shakes her head. "But it's okay." He quickly coos. "It's okay because, they're almost completely healed. You've been out for a few days, but you're awake now. You'll be fine, you just gotta calm down." He moves her hair from her face. "Take a deep breath and calm down. You'll be fine to move around in a day or two, no need to worry so much."

"Yeah, speak for yourself." Tony nods while letting go of her shoulders and he chuckles. "I was freaking out." He shakes his head at her and she smiles a bit. "On the inside."

"On the inside." She nods a bit.

"Yeah, well, I was on the outside." Peter shrugs and she breathes a light chuckle.

The others come 'calmly' speed-walking in after Friday alerted them that she had awaken. She looks over and slowly smiles a bit at the sight of their relieved smiles.

"Hi." She greets with a raspy voice.

"Hi." The group chuckles.

"Wait, how many days?" She furrows her brows at Peter.

"Three." He nods and she closes her eyes with a sigh.

"Lexi's gonna kill me." She shakes her head with raised brows and he chuckles. "Is my phone in here?"

He takes it out of his back pocket and hands it to her. She mentally prepares herself for the screaming. She calls her and puts them on speaker for the Avengers to hear the chaos, exactly what they secretly wanted.

"What the hell?!" Lexi, Kiley, and Xandar shout on the other end, making her slowly smile.

"Where the hell are you?" Kiley asks.

"You better get your ass back here, bitch." Lexi threatens.

"Satine." Xandar calls.

"Can I talk now?" She chuckles.

"Oh, would you look at that? She's alive."

"I'm gonna hangup." She nods.

"No, no, don't hang up." Lexi begs. "They'll shut up. What's going on? Where are you?"

"Uh... Hospital room?" She guesses and the Avengers nod.

"What?!" All roommates shout.

"Three day coma." She nods and they stay quiet. "Fell from a very high height and sprained some stuff."

"I'm gonna put you in the ground if you don't tell me which hospital." Kiley grits.

"Hi, this is her doctor speaking." Tony interrupts and Satine smiles. "Name's Tony Stark, good to meet you."

"What?" The five ask, sounding calm.

"Yeah, hi." He nods with a smirk. "Sorry, but she's not gonna be showing up any time soon. She'll be stuck at the tower for a while. Y'know, personal business with a few sprained stuff. Can't really have her walking around New York like that, if that's alright with you?"

"Okay." They nod in shock, making the listeners smile.

"Right, well, good. Bye-bye now."

"Bye."

Satine hangs up with a smile and chuckle and Peter takes her phone back.

"They're gonna pass out." She shakes her head at him.

"If they haven't already." Peter smirks.

"Yeah."