49

A few hours later, Kiley and Xandar are seated by Nat and Clint while Satine and Peter sit by Tony. Satine is seated by the arm of the couch while he's between she and Tony. She keeps looking at Peter in his black hoodie with the hood up and his arms crossed over his chest, tiredly staring at nothing in front of him. Kiley stares at her while she does that and has even got Xandar to pay attention too.

"Does that happen often?" She quietly taps Nat.

She looks to where she secretly points and slowly grins a bit with a nod and chuckle.

"All the time." She smirks, making her smile.

Satine slowly smiles while staring at him and chuckles a bit.

"You're so cute." She whispers.

His head wipes around to look at her, making her laugh a bit as he has to move the hood out of the way to see her properly.

"Very cute." She nods with a chuckle and he smiles.

"What'd I do?"

She quietly laughs an adoring pout and throws her arms around his neck.

"What'd I do?" He confusedly chuckles while placing his hand on her upper back.

"Nothing at all." She sighs a grin and pulls his head to her chest while he smiles at her. "You're perfect." She pats his cheek and he almost giggles, making her smile.

She shakes his neck and head with a small and loving groan while he just smiles at her with a few chuckles.

"Told you." Nat smirks while Kiley and Xandar look at each other with held down smiles. "All the time."

-

Satine has just left the room, leaving Kiley and Xandar alone with them all and still silently freaking out. A few minutes later, they all turn at the sound of shoes hitting the ground by the window. The twos eyes go wide while the others smile and wait for their reactions after finding out who Lovebite is.

"What, is Spiderman just gonna randomly show up too?" Xandar shakes his head and they chuckle.

"No, but I am." She shrugs with a smirk in her voice and takes off the mask.

"Oh, my God!" Kiley gasps and jumps up. "Are you serious?!" She throws her arms out while she laughs a bit.

"Hi, my name's Lovebite, how are you?" She nods with a bright smile.

"I give up." Xandar sits back and they chuckle. "Today is the weirdest day of life."

"Yeah, but I bet it's great though." Clint adds.

"Yeah." He scoffs a chuckle.

"Does Lexi know?" Kiley asks.

"Nope." She grins and her eyes go wide again.

"Really?" She breathes with furrowed brows. "Wouldn't expect to find out before her."

"She'll know if she needs to." She nods. "You two don't need to, but I wanted to tell you anyway. You want to go for swing?" She smiles with her hands out.

"Hell no." She quickly backs up, making her chuckle as she takes her arms down. "I don't do heights."

"Well, do you want to see where you're staying?"

"Yes." Xandar jumps up.

She heads towards the door and opens it for Kiley. She steps through and Satine hurries out before Xandar can and he rolls his eyes before following behind.

"Is this why you're so strong?" Kiley pokes her bicep.

"Friday, floor 54. I don't know why I'm so strong." She shrugs as they step into the elevator. "It came with birth. I don't expect to find out any time soon, or ever. Which is fine, it doesn't matter, it's just there, and I might become an Avenger." She grins.

"Wait, really?" His head whips around.

"Probably not." She shrugs. "Spiderman isn't even an Avenger yet."

"He's not?" She furrows her brows.

"Not officially."

The doors open into a large kitchen area and living room with a long hall to their left.

"This is your new home." She throws her arms out. "Take a look."

They look at each other with growing smiles and start walking around while Satine leans on the island counter.

"While this is only temporary until you guys are able to get your own place, you are not expected to be ready to get out soon. Not even within a year. You're working on a janitors salary, it's going to take some time. You want to see which room is yours?"

-

Satine gets back to the common room in her regular clothes and pushes Peter over to sit between him and Tony, making both smile.

"How do they like it?" He asks.

"Well..." She sighs in fake thought. "Xandar's freaking out. Kiley's on the verge of sobbing... They love it." She concludes with a shrug and he chuckles.

"Good." He nods. "You tell them when they start?"

"Yeah. I told them that you're not expecting them to be ready to move out, like, right away, a year, any time soon." She motions. "I didn't want them to worry about that."

"Good, 'cause I'm not." He turns to his phone. "And I need more janitors anyway."