15

After a very long and impatient day at school, Satine quickly slips her suit on in an alley with her tank-top and shorts beneath. She throws her backpack over her shoulders and scales up the side of a building, putting holes in the brick with every hit and kick, to get to the roof.

She gets to the tower and finds Peters room. She jumps onto his balcony and quickly opens his door, making his eyes go wide with a smile from his bed where he was forced to stay all day.

"Hey, are you okay?" She quickly sits beside him and tears her mask off.

"Yeah, I'm good." He nods. "They're making me stay here all day incase I pop the stitches."

"Oh, thank God." She sighs and he chuckles. "Well, uh... I mean, probably not, but, uh... Do you remember what happened last night?"

"Uh, no." He shakes his head with furrowed brows. "No, not really. Why?"

"Well, if you'd like, I could give you a nice little recap?" She shrugs with squinted eyes.

"Okay." He chuckles with a nod. "Yeah, sure."

Her eyes and stiff shoulders relax before she quickly cups his cheeks and pulls him in for a single-second kiss. She goes to back up, but he follows, and places his hands on the sides of her neck to keep her there. She scooches herself closer and wraps her arms around his neck while he holds her hips.

"That, but a little less that." She smiles with just a few inches of space between them.

"And I missed it?" He jokes and she chuckles. "Would've loved to have been there." He pushes her hair behind her ear.

"Well, according to you, you were thinking the rightest you have ever before." She smirks.

"The rightest?" He chuckles.

"Thinking completely straight." She nods with a grin.

"Wow." He shakes his head in disappointment with a smile.

She chuckles deeply while laying her forehead on his shoulder. She slides her hands down his front and slowly wraps her arms around his waist while he hugs her neck with his cheek on her hair.

"You're sure you're okay?" She softly asks while moving her temple to his shoulder.

"Already healing." He shakes his head with a small smile.

"Good." She sighs. "Y'know, Raid wasn't a bad name."

"I know." He smiles. "Kinda cool."

"Even though he sucked at fighting and only shot your shoulder. He was shit." She smirks and he chuckles. "How did he fit all those guns in that jacket?"

"Right?" He breathes and she smiles. "Dude could fit Narnia in there."

"I haven't watched that yet." She chuckles and he gasps. "We could watch it together."

"Gladly."

"And I put that crazy gun he had in the med-lab with you in case Tony didn't see it yet."

"I don't think he has. He also said that my suit was already half off." He smirks and her body starts shaking with silent laughter, making him smile. "So..?"

"I swear, I was only trying to help." She states seriously with a smile. "But, I did get a look."

"Oh, my God." He chuckles while lifting his head.

She sits up straight and he cups her cheeks while pushing her messy stray hairs from her pony behind her ear.

"Do I have to ask?"

"No." She softly smiles while shaking her head a bit, making him smile.

He leans closer into another soft and long kiss before she stands. She puts her mask on with her hood and walks towards the door.

"I don't know when they'll release you so, I'll see you when I do." She slowly backs to the railing of the balcony.

"Probably tomorrow."

"Good." She nods and jumps on the railing. "Bye, Peter."

"Bye, Satine."

Just then, his bedroom door opens and in walks Tony. He looks over and his eyes go wide at the sight of the mystery hero. She waves with her fingers before letting herself fall, making Peter chuckle.

"That-" Tony points and he nods. "How'd she know what room you are?" He goes to the balcony to watch her swing away.

"I have no clue." He shrugs. "She probably went looking through a bunch of windows until finding me."

"Wow." He nods while walking back in the room. "That's some real friendship there." He stops in front of the bed. "How does she know who you are?" He raises a brow.

"I have a hint of who she is." He sits up straighter. "Apparently, she goes to Midtown because she said that she recognized my voice from school. Now, I'm trying to get more hints about her."

"That is a pretty good hint." He nods. "You tell her about your suit?" He smirks.

"Yeah, she started laughing." He chuckles, making him smile. "She said she was only trying to help."

"Right." He chuckles. "Okay." He starts heading for the door. "I bet you five hundred dollars that she took a peak."

"It's gonna take me a couple years to get you that money." He scoffs a chuckle.

Tony walks out of the room and closes the door while laughing and Peter smiles at him.

-

Satine walks through the front door of the orphanage with a smile and goes upstairs to the room.

"What're you so smiley for?" Noah smirks.

"No reason." She fakes attitude while tossing her bag on her bed.

"Wait." Lexi points with a smirk. "Please, I beg of you, please, tell me that you and Peter kissed."

"I'm not saying nothing." She holds down a smile while sitting down.

Lexis hands fly to her mouth with a loud gasping smile as Xandar and Kiley instantly turn to her.

"What?" The two ask.

"Seriously?" Emma quickly asks.

"He's my boyfriend now." Satine smirks at the two oldest whose eyebrows raise at that.

Lexi squeaks in calm excitement behind her hands and Satine chuckles with a bright smile.

"Now, we have to meet him." Xandar crosses his arms with a shrug. "Make sure he's as good as you make him seem."

"Not happening." Satine claps. "I will never bring him here because you two..." She points to Xandar and Kiley. "Are horrible. You..." She points at Lexi. "Are crazy. And then you two..." She points at Emma and Noah. "Are cool, I don't care what you do."

"So we can meet him?" Emma smiles.

"No."

"Damn."