25

Lovebite lands on the balcony to the tower Saturday in the later hours of the day and swings on the frame of the opening.

"Hi." She waves with her fingers and Peter smiles.

"Lovebite." Steve nods.

"Oh, we're mad because I caught the slow speedster?" She breathes a smirk.

"Slow." Pietro quietly scoffs and she chuckles.

He comes for her again, but she grabs his fist before his ankle and tosses him to the ground.

"Okay, I'm sorry, but stop." She puts her hand up in defense as he stares at her from the floor. "You deserve that."

"How good can you fight?" Bucky nods.

"If you promise to not take off my mask, I can show you how good I can fight." She challenges with a noticeable smirk.

"You want a super soldier or a widow?" Tony nods smirks.

"How about a God?"

-

After a long elevator ride to the basements training room and a lot of eyeballing, Lovebite is the first to skip out with her arms crossed, making Peter chuckle as they suspiciously follow behind.

"You guys can calm down." He smiles. "She's just helping herself out."

"Mmm." Clint doubts and he shakes his head.

They stand off the large mat that covers nearly the whole floor while Thor follows Bite to the middle of the room.

Without warning, he throws a punch. She grabs fist and he punches with his other fist, but she grabs that one too and kicks him in the gut. He's knocked back a step and heads right back for her. As they go, she manages to block a majority of his hits or mirror his actions, but, of course, still gets hit and punched in the meantime.

"Hammer." Tony points with a snap.

Bite chuckles and goes to the end of the room as Thor calls Mjölnir to his grip.

"You ready?" He nods with a smirk.

She motions him forward with her fingers and a bow, making him chuckle as the team smirks in doubt and Peter nervously, but excitedly watches with somewhat wide eyes.

Bite starts running fast towards Thor and he throws the hammer at her. Once she gets close enough, she jumps and her foot hits it for a split second before she does a back flip off of it. Peter fails to hold back the amazed chuckle as their smug smirks disappear and they stare with lightly furrowed brows. She keeps running for him and easily dodges the hammer coming right back for her. She reaches Thor and he nervously backs up, which doesn't work, seeing as she jumps and hooks her arms around his neck to swing around him and throw him to the ground. She lands sturdy on her feet and he quickly lifts his head to have to flip his cape off with furrowed brows.

She slowly smiles behind her mask and flips off the hood. The team takes a step closer from the sudden movement while Peter watches them to see their reaction.

She takes off the mask with a smile and their eyes go wide as Thor jumps to his feet.

"Hi." Satine smirks in her normal voice.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Sam throws his arms.

She and Peter laugh a bit as he stands beside her and they all just stay quiet for a moment of surprise.

"You just keep doing it." Sam continues to complain.

"You got anymore secrets?" Tony raises a brow with a smirk.

"What do you wanna know?" She sighs a small smile.

"Where'd you get the strength?" Bucky nods.

"Birth, next question."

"Birth?" Half ask.

"Next question." She nods with a smirk.

"Where'd you learn to fight like that?" Clint raises a brow.

"No." She shakes her head.

"No?" Steve nods with raised brows while Nat furrows her own.

"No."

"Alright." Tony shakes his head.

Nat and Clint look at each other with knowing eyes before sighing with nods.

"Does Peter know?" Bruce nods towards him.

"No." She shakes her head.

"She said she has a h-"

Peter's interrupted by her quickly covering his mouth by her hand, making him go completely silent.

"No." She repeats.

Clint nudges Nat a bit and she nods and walks off to the side.

"Satine." She calls her over.

She cautiously takes her hand away to reveal his held down smile, making her shake her head before following Nat out of the room, leaving Peter to be interrogated by all, but Clint.

Nat stops her across the hall with lightly furrowed brows and Satine confusedly furrows her own.

"What's wrong?"

"You're from the Red Room aren't you?" She asks and her brows slowly relax as her heart jumps into her throat.

"... Uh... I-I don... I don't kn-"

"Satine." She softly nods. "A random young girl from Russia shows up with the type of fighting skills she has couldn't have picked that up from an orphanage." She states as her eyes water. "I was that random young girl from Russia once."

"You're from the Red Room?"

"Clint got me out." She nods. "How long have you been out?"

"A year." A tear slips out and Nat sighs.

"Come here."

She grabs her shoulder and pulls her into a hug while she softly cries in her shoulder. Peter looks at her through the small window and his smile slowly disappears as his brows furrow in concern. He lightly shakes his head as a silent question and she quietly puts her finger to her lips. He nods a bit and turns away to bring a fake smile along to hide his worry, waiting to ask about it later.

-

Peter has finally gotten Satine to his room and sat her down on his bed.

"What happened?" He takes her hands.

"I..." She sighs. "I'm not really ready to talk about it yet."

"... Okay." He nods with furrowed brows. "Whenever you're ready."

"Thank you." She tears up again.

"Hey." He softly places his hand on her cheek. "No, don't cry again."

He pulls her into a hug as the tears break free and lays her on her side with her pulled close to his chest while she hugs his waist tight.

Nat and Clint sigh from the other side of the door and quickly and quietly walk away.

"She said a year?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"Did you ask about the ceremony?"

"No." She sighs. "That's the worst part. I can't bring that up."